mobile data not working.

sandeep mahato

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I cannot access my mobile data for accessing internet...network signals remains grey all the time. But call and sms are working.
I bought it 3 days ago, plz help me sort out this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just because you have a couple of bars of phone reception doesn't necessarily mean you'll have 4G or even 3G reception. Does anyone else you know who uses the same wireless provider get mobile data reception where you are?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile Networks, and see if there are any settings for "Network Mode." If so, make sure it's set correctly for your type of mobile network (e.g., GSM vs LTE/CDMA).

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you set up the APN for the data network?

Without that data will not work (but phone and SMS will as they do not need an APN).

You have to go to mobile networks .. Access Point Names in Settings and create an APN with the settings you will find from your network provider.

adhamkhairy

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. I had the following problem: whenever the WiFi is ON, the signal indicators for both the WiFi and mobile network are lit, but when I turn off the WiFi the mobile network goes off too even when I leave the mobile data ON!

It was very frustrating cause I do like my Fonepad, it is actually my first tab!

I added an APN and finally I can connect to the mobile network.

Thanks again.

Jansk83

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The following process helped for my problem which exhibited the same symptoms twice:
1. Switch off the phone
2. Pull out the sim card and insert it back
3. Switch the phone back on.
Hope it helps

Zul_D

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Try going to Internet settings, somewhere (not all devices are the same) under "Settings" and click "download settings for Internet and MMS" and then reboot your device

Faisal Bin Faruk

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
hey ......the problem is that your device does not have a acces point name (APN). search google with "(your operator name) APN" and you will get instruction how to add APNs automatically or manually. Or you can go to your mobile operators website and follow the instruction for adding APNs (internet setting & mms setting)

thekubiaks

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Problem soved htc one m9 :)

After a year of pulling out my hair for not not having data when roaming internationally I finally solved the problem. I had every engineer at T-Mobile trying to figure this out and tried everything.

The solution:

Create another APN

http colon slash slash apn-settings.com/t-mobile-apn-settings-step-by-step-configuration/

and the solution....

instead of using fast.tmobile.com for the APN, USE epc.tmobile.com everything else remains the same

international roaming now works.

Forshina

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Problem soved htc one m9 :)

Tell me please, which part in Asus Zenfone 6 is broken? Mobile data not working but all options are working. I can't find tehnical problem, who know, what will repair in Asus Z6? Asus fell to the ground.
Thank you! :)

Joshua Muradov

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem but I have a Galaxy S5 that's International and I put in the APN code that my service company gave me and after a couple weeks It just stopped completely but it was working in the beginning so afterwards I was playing around with the network operators and it started working again but now it doesn't work at all.

cyberalpine

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I use an old HTC Sensation running Android 4.0.3 to hold my French SIM card when I travel to France. Clicking on Access Point Names opens a window where I see APNs written at the top but I have no way of adding one, the window is totally black and pressing on the title APNs doesn't do anything.

Pommy Granite

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem. turns out that the upgrade of the firmware wiped the IEMI numbers. Fortunately these were displayed near the phone battery and I was able to re-insert the number on a rooted phone using MTK Engineer mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma