Screen goes to lock screen randomly while phone being used

Mohaan Mo

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
My Asus fonepad8 goes to this screen randomly while im using the phone. Any settings to disable it? I cannot click back to get out of this screen. Only way is to to move the phone to different angles to make this display screen to go away.

asus lock screen.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying you have to physically tilt the phone to get out of that screen? Does the Fonepad 8 have some kind of dock function? I'm wondering if that's a dock screen rather than a lockscreen (since there's no keypad or pattern unlock visible).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It could be something that happens automatically when a dock is connected. If so, I wonder if the microUSB port might be faulty, and keep thinking you're plugging the phone into a dock.

Have you tried contacting Asus support?

blazk

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Let me guess, you are using it with a flip cover right?
That is the screen that appears when the flip cover is closed. It is intended for flip cover with clock face like thisview-flip-white.png ,
but doenst matter what kind of flip cover was used, it will still trigger if closed
Its most probably when the flip cover is flipped fully backward, the magnet(or something, not really sure) inside the flip cover triggered something inside the fonepad and the fonepad though that the it was closed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There you go. Make sure there's nothing magnetic near the phone, whether it's in case's cover or somewhere else, as blazk mentioned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
my phone is doing the same thing and i have no covers attached
i need help quick.:'(

hope to hear back soon

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have FonePad as well, or a different phone? Does it do the exact same thing, as described in the OP?

bamigop

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Asus Lock screen problem

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have FonePad as well, or a different phone? Does it do the exact same thing, as described in the OP?

I've got the same problem with my zenfone 5, All it does is clock, weather and flashlight. Help me out pleasee190042m1hwwot21hzb5dfw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37