Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default ASUS MeMO Pad 10

The ASUS MeMO Pad 10 was one of several new devices announced by ASUS over the past few days - ASUS announces New Fonepads, Transformer Pad 701,Transformer Book and new MeMO pads | Android Central. Here is the spec sheet for this device:

MeMO Pad 10 specs

10.5 mm thick, 522g in weight
    10.1-inch 1280x800 LCD
    5MP rear, 1.2MP front cameras
    quad-core CPU
    Android 4.2
    1GB RAM
    8/16GB storage with microSDHC slot
    5070mAh battery
    GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11 n Wifi
    The only specs that are different over the ASUS MeMO Pad 8 is the battery and screen sizes. Everything else at quick glance appears to be the same. It will be interesting to see how this device compares to the ASUS MeMO Pad 8, including the cost differences and wether people would choose the 8 over the 10 because of the pricing since specs are near identical. Anyone considering the 10 as a possible next tablet device?

Global Posts
    21,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: ASUS MeMO Pad 10

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    The ASUS MeMO Pad 10 was one of several new devices announced by ASUS over the past few days - ASUS announces New Fonepads, Transformer Pad 701,Transformer Book and new MeMO pads | Android Central. Here is the spec sheet for this device:

The only specs that are different over the ASUS MeMO Pad 8 is the battery and screen sizes. Everything else at quick glance appears to be the same. It will be interesting to see how this device compares to the ASUS MeMO Pad 8, including the cost differences and wether people would choose the 8 over the 10 because of the pricing since specs are near identical. Anyone considering the 10 as a possible next tablet device?
    This one may not be so bad. My question for either is how quickly will they get updated?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

What is with the lame tablets with 8/16GB options and 1GB RAM, are they so scared of ipads that they can't offer a real tablet. Was curious, not I'm just pissed.

I've had my memo 10 for almost half a year, updates are fairly frequent.

One problem I have now it's the micro usb port doesn't work anymore, I can no longer charge it :-(

Sent from yours truly using Tapatalk 4
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)

Anyone have any idea when 4.3 comes out for asus memo pad 10?

Thanks

Just got one of these as a temp replacement for my nexus 10 I bought as that's gone back to be exchanged as the video was choppy. Guess what this is worse. Can android not make tablets that play video well enough to be watched?

Posted from my nexus 4

@ Neil - That's very strange. I've had absolutely zero issues playing videos. Perhaps it's how your connected? Are you streaming? Playing video right from the tablet? Lots of external factors could be interfering with video watching that are unrelated to the tablet itself.

Watch the video playback closely, you will see it. Like frames are missing. I use Netflix YouTube and transfered movies.

Posted from my nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Paice View Post
    Watch the video playback closely, you will see it. Like frames are missing. I use Netflix YouTube and transfered movies.

Posted from my nexus 4
    I primarily use VLC to play videos and all seems to play smooth. What video player are you using?