Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help please. Syncing tablet and phone.

When I first got my tablet it synced all my apps that I have on my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD onto my tablet. All my email syncs up but how do I get it to sync all the apps again? It's annoying to put something on my calendar on my phone and then have to put it on the calendar on the tablet too, same as some of the apps I download. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Help please. Syncing tablet and phone.

Welcome to Android Central! When you initially sign into a brand new Android device with your Google account, many of the apps that you've installed from Google Play may automatically install on the new device. However, after this, any time you install an app on one device, you'll need to do it manually on the other device--it won't automatically install to both at the same time. But it's fairly easy, since the app will now be in your Google Play Store's memory. Just open the Play Store on the other device, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and then tap All. You'll see the app you just installed on the first device listed at the top (assuming it's compatible, since not all apps are universally compatible). Tap it to install.

Entering events into your calendar on one device should sync across all of your devices, though, assuming they're all on the same Google account. You need to make sure the event you're entering is actually for the Google Calendar account, not a Phone Account (which some phones have, and which is not synced to Google at all). You also need to make sure both devices are auto-syncing. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Calendar is checked. Also, make sure that your Calendar app is set to display the calendar where you entered the event in the first place, because you can choose which calendars to display.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.