App Crashing Question

CeruleanSky

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a MeMO Pad 7, and all the apps I had installed on it were working fine. However, Asus pushed out a system update over the weekend, and now a number of my apps will give me the "Unfortunately, (insert app here) has stopped" message when I try to open them. Others will crash after they've been running for a while and give the same message. I emailed Asus and the developers of the apps that were refusing to open at all and received the usual response of "clear cache and data" (didn't help), "delete and reinstall" (also, didn't help), and "do a factory reset" (tried this, too, with no success).

The apps that just refuse to open are just games while the ones that randomly crash can be any number of apps, but it's still annoying as Google Play tells me they are compatible (and they were working fine before this update), but now they won't work.

Is there any way to possibly fix these errors without rooting the device? I just bought it so don't really want to void the warranty or risk damaging it more since I have no experience with rooting. I've only ever used stock. Is it more likely I'll just have to hope that another Asus update fixes the problem?

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen every now and then. But it's not a common happening on my me176c anyway. I think it has something to do with Android x86 compatibility.

Android L should fix this as it brings proper x86 64bit support system wide

sent from my STL100-1 with 10.3.0.1154 with the radio from 10.3.0.699

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay