Help! Memo Pad 8 "magically" deletes/removes VLC (downloaded) and some video files in video

Charl Theron

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Help! Memo Pad 8 "magically" deletes/removes VLC (downloaded) and some video files in video

I have no external memory card on my ASUS Memo Pad 8, but more then enough internal memory. (9 GB+ available internally)

Downloaded VLC for free for Android over wifi (via "GooglePlay") and installed it. Dragged some videos folders (containing mp4 videos) over from my Win7 Pro PC (via USB cable) and I put it into the ASUS Memo Pad's internal "MOVIES" file folder structure. These folders - AND movies - show up alright; and I can even play them via VLC, no problem.

However, the mystery:
Sometimes, but not every time, when I switch the Memo Pad 8 off, the VLC program and its icon (that was downloaded earlier) vanishes from my main desktop screen and also application screen - plus not a single folder of the videos remain in the internal MOVIES file folder. No amount of search can find the VLC program file/icon and any video files dragged over earlier: just an empty MOVIE folder. So I download VLC again. It gets wiped again after a switch-off. Grrrr.

I even have set the SETTINGS option that the Memo Pad should install a(ny) program from ANY source, whether trusted or not.

What gives and where do I have it amiss?? This is, needlessly to say, driving me nuts.
Would appreciate any help given.
Regards.

EDIT:
NOW IT DELETES THE VLC PROGRAM AND MOVIE FILES (AND FOLDERS) WHILE I WAS WATCHING IT??!!

Even updating to the latest firmware/system files for the ASUS MEMO 8 has not corrected this mysterious behaviour....?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams