Connection Error on Update

Shoyo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just got a Asus me173x and it came with android 4.2.1 and apparently no support for OTG.
I read online and some people said that there would be support on 4.2.2
This update is out there already, but whenever I try to update through the tablet I always get a connetion error message, such as:
"Internet connection error or server is busy. Please wait a moment and try again."

This message is not about internet connection, as I have seen many people having this same problem with Asus products.
Something is messed up at Asus update center.
I already tried many different things such as cleanning DMClient or CMClient caches, or Cleaning Google Framework Services cache.
I tried from diferent internet providers, at different places, at different times.
Nothing seem to work.
Can someone help me trying to fix this error??
Manual update is an option too, I just do not know how to do it.

Guillaume Labrecque

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just got a Asus me173x and it came with android 4.2.1 and apparently no support for OTG.
I read online and some people said that there would be support on 4.2.2
This update is out there already, but whenever I try to update through the tablet I always get a connetion error message, such as:
"Internet connection error or server is busy. Please wait a moment and try again."

This message is not about internet connection, as I have seen many people having this same problem with Asus products.
Something is messed up at Asus update center.
I already tried many different things such as cleanning DMClient or CMClient caches, or Cleaning Google Framework Services cache.
I tried from diferent internet providers, at different places, at different times.
Nothing seem to work.
Can someone help me trying to fix this error??
Manual update is an option too, I just do not know how to do it.

Just keep on trying. I got the same error message several times before I was able to get the update. Must be a problem with Asus servers or so.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Each tablet is on an update schedule from our servers. They will roll out to your device when it's time. If you're currently checking and it states there is no update found, or if it is having a hard time connecting, I would just wait it out and try again later.

Shoyo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
As you both said, the update was available last week.
But apparently, still no OTG support though...
The OTG keyboard case I bought still doesn't work, but it works on my Sony XPeria S cell phone.
The problem is not the keyboard...

Maybe sometime in the future it will work properly, just gotta wait... :)
Thanks all for the responses....

Rabbiddog

May 22, 2012
Visit site
@asus_usa
How long is this likely to take? Is there any way to speed up the process?

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I bought three of these at the same time. One updated right away and the other two wouldn't update right away. A second one finally got the update today (four days later) and the other is still waiting. So it's just a waiting game I'm afraid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad