- 6 Posts
Memo Pad HD7 seems to be dead
I bought a Memo Pad HD7 a week or so ago after reading positive reports on this forum. I got it today and had nothing but trouble.
I had lots of trouble getting the touch screen to respond consistently. Then I starting getting a message "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped." when I clicked on the white circle on the home page to get to the page showing app icons. The first chat session with an ASUS support person went nowhere. He didn't read what I typed, gave incomplete instructions and then ended the session as I struggled to follow his instructions. The second chat session went little better. I got instructions to hold down the volume button before I pressed the power on/off button to start and that got me to a boot screen with several boot options in tiny type. The first attempt to boot in recovery mode didn't work; it came up in the usual way and had the same error message. The next time the tablet failed to boot at all. Dark screen, no response to the power button.
I'm inclined to return the tablet to B&H and try a different manufacturer and model. I thought that I'd ask for advice here before giving up.
- 12-11-2013, 08:13 PM #2
Re: Memo Pad HD7 seems to be dead
Welcome to Android Central, and that's a bummer! Try the steps shown in this video, and when prompted, select "wipe cache partition" first. If that doesn't help, then do the same process again, and this time select "wipe data/factory reset."
- 12-11-2013, 10:32 PM #3
- 12-13-2013, 03:55 AM #5
- 12-16-2013, 07:12 AM #6
- 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM #7
- By Adam Ashby in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 6Last Post: 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM
- By Don164 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 15Last Post: 12-25-2013, 11:45 PM
- By droid4lyf in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 12-12-2013, 12:57 AM
- By Cacphony in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
- By rpopkin in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 5Last Post: 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM