Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped

hjoachim

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone, this is my first posting.

On powering up my tablet I get a message "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped" & I get no response to pressing the app drawer button. Hence, I can't get into any of my apps to fix the problem. Please help. I had another app (MyLibrary Lite) stop the same way a few weeks ago but that didn't matter. Does this happen a lot with this tablet?

Thanks

Last edited:

hjoachim

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for responding. The video was great.
I used the "wipe cache partition" option as you suggested but it hasn't helped. I didn't get the "initialize" screen (with the crystal in the android belly) that they had on the video. Is this significant?
I have also tried using a USB cable to send a new launcher app to the tablet & rebooting but this hasn't worked either. I rooted so that I could remove bloatware & replace it with better apps but I hadn't gotten around to the launcher. That's ALL I have done. I still have Jellybean. Any more ideas?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Do you know which apps you deleted? This is always a risk when rooting and getting rid of bloat--you might accidentally get rid of something important. Did you back up the system before doing all of this?

Posted via Android Central App

hjoachim

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Panic is over!
My husband has faster reflexes than me & managed to hit the app drawer button before the message window came up. I would still like to know if this problem was due to the tablet, Jellybean, whichever launcher app was installed or rooting?
Thanks
PS The ONLY apps I removed were non-system apps & yes, I have a UBT backup but without system apps. The BTU menu offered "Backup all with system apps (unsafe)" which I didn't want to risk. Now that I have my tablet running again I had better make a Titanium nandroid backup ASAP.

Last edited:

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
This seems to happen to my HD7 every time I download an app but by opening the file manger or settings app (quick response on the apps button) it seems to clear it every time. I did read somewhere that clearing a certain cache would clear the fault but don't know if this is the cached data in the storage page as there seems to be over 400meg in there. Is it safe to clear this?

X-form

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
You can download another launcher from Google Play. Just search Launchers in Google Play. My favorite launcher is Espier Launcher HD. It is free and it is like having Apple iOS 6 on Android.
You can fool your friends thinking you have an Ipad.

anon(4086837)

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This seems to happen to my HD7 every time I download an app but by opening the file manger or settings app (quick response on the apps button) it seems to clear it every time. I did read somewhere that clearing a certain cache would clear the fault but don't know if this is the cached data in the storage page as there seems to be over 400meg in there. Is it safe to clear this?

Please excuse me reactivating an old thread, but this is a issue I have been happening with a new tablet and today I realised what was happening. It may not apply to everyone else but it is worth mentioning.

I have set my tablet up for multi-user and I went through removing some of the extra panels for each user. Indeed for most of them I stripped it down to just the home screen and one to the right. I then found that whenever I tried to add an icon to the home screen by installing an app, adding a bookmark from Chrome etc the Launcher stopped. It could usually be coaxed back in to life by pressing a few buttons or dragging an icon onto a panel from the Apps list.

What is happening is that the default location for the icons automatically added to the home screen is not actually the home panel, it is one of the others, specifically one that has been removed! Today I added another panel and it popped up with all the icons I'd tried to add in the past when it crashed.

What I can't find is how to tell the launcher which panel to use for the default location. It is NOT always the one marked as the home screen.

Graham

rodspi

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Easier solution worked for me, swipe down and pull down notification/quick setting menu. Click settings -> Apps -> Swipe left to All -> Scroll down to Launcher -> click Launcher -> Click clear cache

This stopped the. Unfortunately launcher has stopped dialog box immediately.
I rebooted for good measure.

SpeedDemon2

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I found the solution by accident.. I removed the micro SD card (while it was still on and without unmounting it). The message went away and I could use the tablet as normal. I put it back in without any ill effects.

Janna Mondragon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
hi guys. when i try to open the settings icon on my tablet it doesn't open and a message pop up says unfortunately launcher3 has stop. i can't download another launcher from google play because i can't connect to the internet please help me. i tried to reboot the system because i read so many ways to restore the launcher on google but all of them doesn't work anymore. any reply and suggestion will do. thank you

Mahboob Shah

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
please send me about the languages setting as the mobile languages is in Chinese or Korean and then help me to solve the launcher stop working error

Jasmine Adhikari

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the Blu phone and since from yestardy it said that launcher was stopped. And even I don't have no idea how to fix it. Please help get rid of that problem.:'(

Linda Stewart

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
This is my first post ever...unfortunately launcher has stopped. The fix is to completely shut down your tablet. When powering back on you'll see system required updates. After updates are complete to the android system you'll see required app updates. The tablet will reboot and the "launcher has stopped" message should be cleared out. So many times we forget that every now and then we need to completely shut down our android devices for required updates. I hope this post helps, it fixed all my problems on my tablet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae