1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Recharge Schedule

Hi! I have slightly different questions than the other similarly titled thread.

What schedule would you recommend me for recharging the battery? That is, to what percent to let it discharge before recharging. I think I saw 30% to be a good value.

Also, is there a tool/app that could turn off the device or signal in some way when it's fully recharged? That is to avoid any over-charging as it is not recommended for this device according to its manual.

Actually, it would be nice to have an app to signal also for the lower bound, say 30%, and when it's discharged down to that, tell the user to start charging.

Finally, a question about over-charging. The device will be given to a hospitalized person who has very limited movement. So she might end up not following the discharge/recharge procedures anyway, and probably just leave it plugged most of the time. Does anyone have experience how bad that would be for the battery. We are looking probably at some 6 months of that. If, say, the device stays mostly plugged in for about 6 months, how bad would that be for the battery in the end, would it not work anymore? Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Battery Recharge Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by neatodol View Post
    Hi! I have slightly different questions than the other similarly titled thread.

What schedule would you recommend me for recharging the battery? That is, to what percent to let it discharge before recharging. I think I saw 30% to be a good value.

Also, is there a tool/app that could turn off the device or signal in some way when it's fully recharged? That is to avoid any over-charging as it is not recommended for this device according to its manual.

Actually, it would be nice to have an app to signal also for the lower bound, say 30%, and when it's discharged down to that, tell the user to start charging.

Finally, a question about over-charging. The device will be given to a hospitalized person who has very limited movement. So she might end up not following the discharge/recharge procedures anyway, and probably just leave it plugged most of the time. Does anyone have experience how bad that would be for the battery. We are looking probably at some 6 months of that. If, say, the device stays mostly plugged in for about 6 months, how bad would that be for the battery in the end, would it not work anymore? Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I have followed 30% and it seems like a good place to start.
    As for leaving it plugged in, most cell devices will do a top off charge when it drops while still plugged in. Meaning, I wouldn't worry too much, just tell them to unplug it as soon as they remember. The bigger thing to be concerned about is using the device heavily while charging. That creates extra heat, which should be avoided.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here