Any Clue How The Cover Open/Turn On Device Functions?

ScottyAG

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering HOW the cover open (when used in a case) function works.

I have a RooCase that has the removeable cover Here's what is looks like.
Amazon.com: rooCASE Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 Case - ME173X Dual View Muti Angle Stand Folio Cover - NAVY (With Auto Wake / Sleep Cover): Computers & Accessories

Anyway, the inner case come OUT of the cover so it's protected on the four corners & back so if you happen to drop it, it's likely NOT to break.

When I use it in the cover, it turns on automatically when opened, but does NOT when using just the inner case.

Does anyone know HOW that function actually works? I'd like to have it be able to turn on/off without using the switch constantly.

I use it mostly for reading & most times I am watching TV & read during commercials.

Turning it over on it's face does not "fool" it into turning on or off.

The only other difference I can gleen from the cover it that it's outside edge is magnetic. Is it the magnet in the outside cover of the case that turns it on when open & off when closed?

I'm mostly curious but it would be more functional to me personally if I could avoid using the switch all the time. In America, we have a crap load of commercials & I end up turning it on/off alot.

Not sure what the MTBF count is on the physical switch, but I'll bet it's not in the millions & some nights I use it between every commercial. So many on/off switch pushes a night.

Would appreciate any input on this.

ScottyAG

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'll have to find a small magnet to try. I only have really strong ones. Not good to use around small RAm based/use electronics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie