ASUS Padfone X
Here is a quick overview of the Padfone. AT&T announces the ASUS PadFone X | Android Central
- 05-23-2014, 09:42 AM #3
- 06-10-2014, 07:01 PM #4
- 06-10-2014, 08:10 PM #5
- 06-13-2014, 10:30 PM #6
- 06-17-2014, 02:43 PM #7
- 7 Posts
Re: ASUS Padfone X
I actually just got mine yesterday from my local AT&T store. So far, it's not a bad device. There are some definite quirks with Dynamic Display. Also, 3rd party launchers seem to have major issues going from phone to tablet that Dynamic Display can't handle. I've been able to root it using towelroot, but I don't have a custom recovery for it yet.
All in all, the device itself is pretty solid and works nicely. No real lag that I can see (yet).
- 06-17-2014, 08:04 PM #8
- 22 Posts
Re: ASUS Padfone X
I got mine 5 days ago. I like it with one caveat, that I will discuss below. The phone worked as I expected. Call quality seems exceptional. People do not realize they are on speakerphone, even when fone is docked into the pad. The camera seems quick with good color.
The pad is what sets this phone apart, however. It basically expands the phone's screen and it works well. The screen is bright and responds well to touch.
The caveat is when playing Netflix on the pad, there seems to be a sycning issue between the picture and sound There appears to be a slight lag.
The phone slips into and out of the pad easily but still is secure. The front-face seems protected but I do worry about the back camera lens being exposed to damage.
I plan to keep the fonepad but would like hear what others have to say.
- 09-03-2014, 03:09 PM #9
- By X-form in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-27-2014, 04:51 PM
- By lynnpudas in forum ASUS MeMO Pad 10Replies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM
- By X-form in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 4Last Post: 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM
- By poohbear1968 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2014, 12:52 AM
- By roadrat in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 09:49 PM