Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lots of issues with my new Padfone X. What is your experience so far?

I got my Padfone X on Monday and have had quite a few issues over the last four days. I was wondering if any of you are having similar problems. Here is what I have seen so far:

1) Bluetooth has issues staying connected. My record so far is one hour. After a while bluetooth just disconnects and I have to turn it off and back on again to get it to work.

2) When I connect to my car's bluetooth, I get the voice connection immediately, but the media connection never establishes. Like in #1, I have to turn off bluetooth and turn it on again before voice and media connections will establish.

3) I changed my wallpaper on the phone and lock screen to one of the other stock wallpapers. Ever since then, the phone crashes outright when I plug it in to the Padfone Station. The tablet will display a message stating "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and locks up. It will not respond to any touch commands. If I eject the phone and change the wallpaper, I can then insert it in to the tablet and it works. However, the very next time I insert it, the systemui crash returns. I basically have to rotate through the stock wallpapers every time I want to use the phone in the tablet which is very odd.

4) The Padfone Station will not wake up from sleep. I have to eject the phone if I want to use the device after it goes in to power save. I tried disabling the Smart Saving mode, but I get the same results.

I am in the process of resetting my phone to factory defaults to see if the issues persist. I may have a lemon on my hands. Are you guys seeing any of the above issues? If so, my Padfone days may be over. If it is just me, I'll do a warranty exchange.

Thanks,

Don
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Lots of issues with my new Padfone X. What is your experience so far?

I finally broke down an did a factory rest. That fixed #3 and #4, but the Bluetooth issues persist even after the reset. Anyone else experiencing Bluetooth issues?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Lots of issues with my new Padfone X. What is your experience so far?

I haven't had a single one of these problems. I couldn't install anything after I rooted it with towelroot, but I made a mistake in the rooting process. After a factory reset it's all good again. As for you Bluetooth issue. I want to say it's hardware, but given the phone has barely been on the market a week, wait for an update or see if you can swap it at your AT&T store. Best thing to do is to email ASUS support.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts

I'm getting the system UI crashes every day now. It's really annoying. Formatting the phone isn't helping. I hope an update will be out soon.

Posted via Android Central App

I tried 2 Padfone X with Panasonic Link2cell 2013 and 2014 Bluetooth handset systems and the PadFone X always lost the incoming phone audio at some point. Switch call back to PadFone X and then handset to recover. Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 never had a problem. I really miss the PadFone station, but the phone just didn't cut it as a cell phone.