Lots of issues with my new Padfone X. What is your experience so far?
10-14-2015 03:19 AM
- I got my Padfone X on Monday and have had quite a few issues over the last four days. I was wondering if any of you are having similar problems. Here is what I have seen so far:
1) Bluetooth has issues staying connected. My record so far is one hour. After a while bluetooth just disconnects and I have to turn it off and back on again to get it to work.
2) When I connect to my car's bluetooth, I get the voice connection immediately, but the media connection never establishes. Like in #1, I have to turn off bluetooth and turn it on again before voice and media connections will establish.
3) I changed my wallpaper on the phone and lock screen to one of the other stock wallpapers. Ever since then, the phone crashes outright when I plug it in to the Padfone Station. The tablet will display a message stating "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and locks up. It will not respond to any touch commands. If I eject the phone and change the wallpaper, I can then insert it in to the tablet and it works. However, the very next time I insert it, the systemui crash returns. I basically have to rotate through the stock wallpapers every time I want to use the phone in the tablet which is very odd.
4) The Padfone Station will not wake up from sleep. I have to eject the phone if I want to use the device after it goes in to power save. I tried disabling the Smart Saving mode, but I get the same results.
I am in the process of resetting my phone to factory defaults to see if the issues persist. I may have a lemon on my hands. Are you guys seeing any of the above issues? If so, my Padfone days may be over. If it is just me, I'll do a warranty exchange.
Don06-18-2014 07:51 PM
- I haven't had a single one of these problems. I couldn't install anything after I rooted it with towelroot, but I made a mistake in the rooting process. After a factory reset it's all good again. As for you Bluetooth issue. I want to say it's hardware, but given the phone has barely been on the market a week, wait for an update or see if you can swap it at your AT&T store. Best thing to do is to email ASUS support.06-22-2014 08:02 AM
- I tried 2 Padfone X with Panasonic Link2cell 2013 and 2014 Bluetooth handset systems and the PadFone X always lost the incoming phone audio at some point. Switch call back to PadFone X and then handset to recover. Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 never had a problem. I really miss the PadFone station, but the phone just didn't cut it as a cell phone.07-31-2014 09:10 PM
- First of all, thank you because I had not yet figured out that the wallpaper changing was linked to the tablet issues I was experiencing,and I returned to a stock wallpaper and those issues disappeared. I did work out once using bluetooth headphones and didn't experience any issues, but I haven't tested bluetooth enough yet to speak to those issues.
Many of the systemui crashes and issues I have been experiencing, including the issue of the tablet not waking up and having to remove the phone in order to wake it up. Also, sometimes my phone appears to stay in tablet ui mode after removing it from the dock, meaning the nav buttons and notification drop down are super small. It seems that most of the issues I am seeing are related to the transition between tablet and phone, which is pretty much the most important part about this phone, so I hope I just have a bad device...it would be a shame if ASUS blew it on software for a device this cool.
I talked to amazon today about returning it, and I am considering other devices because I fear the software is not optimized well enough. Hopefully more people chime in to the contrary because I really like the idea of this device. If I learn most others don't have this issue and I just have a lemon, I will probably just exchange it for a new one. If it seems many others are seeing this I am definitely switching devices.
On a side note, I am not overly thrilled with the camera performance on this phone either, which is another factor in my considering other devices.08-22-2014 10:27 PM
- Had mine for 5 weeks before it gave me the first issue. This is my first droid phone and so far I'm loving it over my previous 2 iPhones. At the 5 week point my phone suddenly went black and shut off. The battery was over 95% charged. No matter what I tried it would not come back on. I put it on the charger for 30 min then I was able to get the phone to boot. Once it booted up I noticed I had no cell signal. I waited a few minutes and still no signal. I rebooted the phone again, no signal. Let it sit for a hour still nothing. Checked the airplane mode it was off.....this phone just wouldn't get on the network.
I did a factory reset of the phone thinking maybe it was an app or setting that got messed up, still nothing. Took it to the att store they tried the same things and even swapped out my sims thinking it was the issue, nope. After 2 locations checking it out and the first one ,non corporate, not being really helpful I ended up at the device warranty office.
While I was waiting for my phone to be checked there was one person ahead of me on her second padfone for the same exact issue. Since this phone was so new they had no phones in stock to swap so they expedited a new(refurb) phone. On my way out I ran into another person coming in with the same phone and same issue. Not good in my book. Never once had an issue out my iPhones in the 6 years I've been using them.
So I'm out of my 30 return period they refused to budge on it. Now I have a refurb and two and a half weeks later I'm starting to have issues again with my new(refurb) phone. So far today it has gone black on me once while using it in the tablet, and once while just sitting. I had just received a text the second time it went black. The only way I can get it to come back on is to plug it in and wait 30 min. Luckily the cell network comes back this time but I'm just 2 months into my warranty and my second phone is acting up, I don't see this phone making it 18 months till I can get something else. I'm highly disappointed in a this asus product. I love the phone and tablet station design and have been waiting what seems like years for this to come to the us market. My first droid has let me down.09-24-2014 07:55 PM
- Okay, so I will try to hit all of my issues but I will not promise that I will address every problem I have had.
Here is a bit of back ground before delving into issues. I have currently had 5 PadfoneX. All but the first of these have been refurbished phones sent to me from ATT. Every single phone has had issues. Some were severe enough to leave me completely phoneless for more than a week.
My first PadfoneX was purchased from my local ATT store new. I had the phone 13 days and it was awesome. Day 14, the phone dropped off the network. I thought I had just not received any calls until I went to make a phone call that evening. Turns out I had people frantically trying to reach me. I went back to ATT the next day and they couldn't figure it out. I went to the device center and we went through every single test. Factory reboot, new sim card, account issues, settings, and nothing worked. I had to call Tech support, we ran through all of the same tests again and determined it to be a device problem. Unfortunately they had to warranty it and send me a new phone. This left me with no phone for four days and I received a refurbished phone.
I had the second phone for 2 weeks...same thing happened. Dropped off the network, they couldn't but it back on the network. Send me a new phone, arrives four days later.
Phone three arrives, I get the phone working by the end of the afternoon. Next morning the phone was dead, took me almost an hour to get the phone to power on. Power is on, turns out it wont connect to the network. *sigh* They expedite a phone to me it arrives in 2 days.
Phone four arrives, and all looks well. Phone stays working with a few minor glitches for about three weeks. This was my first opportunity to play around with blue tooth and switching from tablet to phone while using programs. The bluetooth on this thing wont stay connected to a headset or headphones for more than 10 minutes without needing to be reset. Annoying but I can survive. Phone locks up when transferring from phone to tablet and vice versa. Only way to fix it is to either reseat the device and hope or to reboot the phone. After the third week, phone drops off the network. Also noticed during this time that the phone lags pretty severely while trying to use the keyboard or any messege service (including stock) while in tablet mode. Also, phone started losing audio during a call towards the end of the three weeks of having the phone.
Phone five arrives next day air. So this is the phone I currently am fighting to use. ATT wont send me a new phone, and wants me to either take out a new phone and pay for both, or charge me $389 dollars to fix this phone. But that's neither here nor there. This phone has at the very least stayed connected to the network. It has suffered from a severe dropping of calls, losing phone audio during calls, horrible lag in the keyboard and messenging, phone locking up and the UI overlay not fitting the screen, blue tooth is not worth turning on as it fails to stay connected to anything for more than about two minutes, and random rebooting every few days. So all in all...I hate this phone.
I'm sure there is a few other problems I've had, but they are drowned out by the recurring failure of ATT or Tech Support to even come close to solving the problems or offer a solution.01-02-2015 08:23 AM
- I have had my Padfone x for 5 months. I haven't experienced the issues you have; however, my touch screen goes in and out - mostly out. I can't even send a text message using the virtual keyboard. I think I have a lemon. Any suggestions short of sending the thing back to ASUS.01-17-2015 04:11 PM
- I have also had issues with Bluetooth connectivity on headsets and on my car's system. I usually end up having to restart the thing and it will connect. Now I'm having the issue of I can hear people when they/I call, but they cannot hear me. I can use voice commands just fine. I've tried calling different phones on different carriers/different OS with no change. If I use it in the tablet, all is well. Really not practical to carry around a 7" phone. Any advice? I'm about ready to run this thing over with my car... Thanks for any help you might have.02-06-2015 05:30 PM
- I got a PadFone X (regular size) and had issues with it where it would crash randomly after 30 minutes because of the sleep mode. I'd be in the middle of a video and it would just bounce itself. So, found a few apps online to keep the phone active and it worked for a couple of days until the phone got so hot that I had to put it on the air conditioner to keep it alive (this is true). CPU temperature was off the charts and not even accurate. It would show 150 degrees F and then drop down to 95 F..... So, I tried the Padfone S firmware after finding it online because I was out of warranty. That worked for a couple of days and then the exact same problems started happening. Did a firmware reset and it was fine for 2 days and then back to the same problems that the X one had. I was just about to throw it out and then just decided to do Cyanogen Mod 12.1 on it. Finally got it on and haven't had one major problem with it. So I know it's not the hardware. This phone only reset once in a week and it was because I just did something that caused it to crash. Other than that, it has been solid.
What hasn't been solid is the firmware so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you some really unfinished and untested firmware where it was forked to get the dock to work and then they just released it assuming that you'd upgrade to the next device when the bugs started to surface all while they forgot to even bother upgrading the ones you already bought.
After buying a Vivo Tab RT years ago, I vowed to never buy a device from them again. On that tablet, my cat rubbed against my hand while I was using it and it created static electricity and the touch screen started getting erratic. Very cheaply made crap and not even that good at maintaining it.
To add to the problems, I wanted to get the charging cable for the Vivo Tab RT and placed the order online through their site (since I couldn't get it ANYWHERE). Not even AT&T would sell it. What they sent me in the mail was a PCI Extension card for a serial port. A 9-pin serial port. Not even close to what I ordered. I argued with them and they eventually took it back but it took weeks to get here again.
They used to make good things and now it's just cheap knock-offs that aren't even worth your time and money. Just stay far, far away from anything they make.06-26-2015 12:27 AM
- I have had only one problem with my padfone, so far. I dropped it yesterday and its camera stopped working a little later during the day. I just fixed it by turning it off and on again. As for other problems, as it has been said, asus provides a web chat service to help everyone if they ever have problems with their products. However, it almost seems to me that when designing the asus padfone, it was not quite considered that their would be a possibility that somehow there would be different people with different views as to what the words "user- friendly" mean. Therefor, it would be a matter of lack of imagination on both parts in my case. ... i hope you all have as fabulous luck as ive had with my padfone and learn how to enjoy it even more. Seeing as we were all born into a world where if something was broken we have the option of fixing it instead of throwing it away.10-14-2015 03:19 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- ASUS Padfone X
Lots of issues with my new Padfone X. What is your experience so far?
- By ray84j in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:58 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:17 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:04 PM
- By shmutt1980 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD