Firmware Update

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
When I powered on my TF300 early this morning and connected to Wi-Fi I received notice of an update. Download took 10 minutes. I'm not sure what all this update addresses but I did see something during the update about the cameras firmware.

So be on the lookout for an update! This is the second update for me since I first got my 300 on May 25. That's pretty good from ASUS.

UPDATE: Here's the most official article with what the update includes!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/21/asus-transformer-pad-300-receiving-ota-update-9-4-3-30-with-new-camera-firmware-and-other-improvements/

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up. I just manually checked and there it was. Like you, I have no idea what it addresses, but it can't hurt, right? (Man I hope it doesn't hurt.....)

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update.

Anyone know what the update does?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got it as well. No idea what it does either. Didn't seem to solve the "suspend with paused video followed by tablet freezing" issue I've been seeing. (And that's about the only issue I've seen with this tablet.) Web video via flash performs horribly, but I'm blaming Adobe on that.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Got home from work and there was the update. Add me to the list of having no clue exactly what it will do, although I also saw the camera firmware updating.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed some of the 3d games that were crashing stopped crashing.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
here is an article from android police (sadly, still nothing on this site), that gives some updates specs.
I'm pretty happy about the Google Chome fix. I'll reistall it and check for better stability when I get home. Running Dolphin HD right now.

ASUS Transformer Pad 300 Receiving OTA Update 9.4.3.30 With New Camera Firmware And Other Improvements

I can say that before the update, Chrome would stop rendering pages if I switched between tabs too quickly (the page would load but Chrome wouldn't draw it onscreen). I would have to close Chrome completely (go Home, then swipe it off the recent apps list) and restart it for it to work correctly. This would happen within ten or so minutes of opening Chrome, sometimes within a minute or two. After the update, I've been using Chrome for almost 4 hours (not continuously), and Chrome is doing perfectly fine. I just wish SwiftKey worked better so the stupid cursor didn't jump around while trying to move it.

Reactions: Erckul

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I can say that before the update, Chrome would stop rendering pages if I switched between tabs too quickly (the page would load but Chrome wouldn't draw it onscreen). I would have to close Chrome completely (go Home, then swipe it off the recent apps list) and restart it for it to work correctly. This would happen within ten or so minutes of opening Chrome, sometimes within a minute or two. After the update, I've been using Chrome for almost 4 hours (not continuously), and Chrome is doing perfectly fine. I just wish SwiftKey worked better so the stupid cursor didn't jump around while trying to move it.

really happy to hear this, as I LOVE the way Chrome works between my tablet, computer, and phone. I was having the same issue(s). Thanks for the update!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed after the update: Watching TWiT.tv live via flash player on the TF300 didn't work all that well. Much much improved after the update. No buffering or freezing at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87