No internet connection

MAVRICK69

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello

New here, but not new to technology. Just got a new Transformer t300 ft set it up and all was well untel last night when i lost my internet connection. I can see the connections but when i tell the t300 to connect nothing happens that i can visibly see. and it does not connect. am i missing something here? What need to be done to get my connection back?

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello

New here, but not new to technology. Just got a new Transformer t300 ft set it up and all was well untel last night when i lost my internet connection. I can see the connections but when i tell the t300 to connect nothing happens that i can visibly see. and it does not connect. am i missing something here? What need to be done to get my connection back?

Are you connecting to a wifi network?

When the Asus sleeps, it turns the wifi connections off. So when you wake it it will reconnect to the last network. By doing this, the tablet will ask for a new IP address each time you wake it. Some routers have problems with this as they ask the device to auto assign the IP address. So, when the tablet tries to reconnect to the router, and asks for a determined IP address the router will deny it assuming that the IP requested is already assigned to another device, even though it's the same.

To know if this is your case, reboot your router and try reconnecting. If you can, then you can solve the problem in 2 ways:

1) Assign a static IP address to the tablet. This can be found under the wifi settings.

2) Change the settings that make the wifi connection turn off when the tablet sleeps. This setting can be found under the Asus settings. This will affect battery live thought.

Let me know how it Turns out

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums