Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Default Jelly Bean OTA

I just received the official Android 4.1.1 OTA !!!!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean OTA-uploadfromtaptalk1345276668036.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    jtowndawg and Ntchwaidumela like this.

I'm downloading something right now. Will be sweet if it's JB. Been dying to play with it. Just need it for my HOX now.
    Update: its JB. The firmware update warns you that JB does not work with Flash and WiFi Direct. Just to be warned.
    I'll gladly give those up as I didn't really use them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by prissysox; 08-18-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Erckul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    I just received the official Android 4.1.1 OTA !!!!!

How did you find out about the update?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean OTA-uploadfromtaptalk1345289015172.jpg  
    Erckul likes this.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean OTA

Just got mine as well...three cheers for ASUS

Love the JB look on a 10" tab
    Erckul likes this.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

This is why I come to AC everyday! Rooted and installed Cyanogen on my OG EVO last week so it could be a hotspot with a cell phone built in for my Transformer Pad. And now AC lets me know I can get JB before Asus does!

Still dreaming of the day I can get a quality tablet with cellular connectivity AND phone capability built in (i use a bluetooth headset anyway). That is the sweet spot for me!
    Erckul and Ntchwaidumela like this.

Anybody know if the root keeper app saves root with this update?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodS14 View Post
    Anybody know if the root keeper app saves root with this update?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    no clue about this one. I'm running stock, but hopefully someone can assist you
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    How did you find out about the update?

I received a notification that there was a firmware update really late at night. It took me by surprise and had no idea it was jelly bean until I began the update.

What stinks is that I have this official OTA before any mention about my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I'm rooted and running a spectacular JB rom on that though, so I'm happy.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

all features are working very well. the new notifications are amazing, and Google Now is great!!!

for those wondering how to access Google Now, just tap Google in the upper left corner. this will take you through a quick set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    all features are working very well. the new notifications are amazing, and Google Now is great!!!

for those wondering how to access Google Now, just tap Google in the upper left corner. this will take you through a quick set up.
    Has Google Now talks back to you? I thought we would get audio responses. I haven't been able to yet

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Has Google Now talks back to you? I thought we would get audio responses. I haven't been able to yet

yeah. after you set up Google Now, you will get a search screen. make sure your volume is turned up, of course. say, "Google" and the mic will pop up, prompting you to "speak now".

go ahead and say something. I few good example are "what is the weather today?", "do I need an umbrella?", "how old is Barack Obama?".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean OTA-screenshot_2012-08-18-09-54-37.jpg   Jelly Bean OTA-screenshot_2012-08-18-09-54-44.jpg   Jelly Bean OTA-screenshot_2012-08-18-09-54-54.jpg  
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

here is a great video about the new notifications.

one to show off new camera features

and one to assist with Google Now.

and lastly, an article to assist with settings for Google Now.

How To: Setup, Configure, and use Google Now

hope all of these help. they certainly helped get me going. Enjoy Jelly Bean, everyone. It rules !!!!!
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela and arsieorgano like this.

Now if we could just delete emails from notifications ala webOS hacks. Would be soon sweet!

Erckul and Ntchwaidumela like this.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I believe the tf300 suffers from the same i/o issues the prime does, which leads to a lot of apps and system activities bringing up that wait/report/close box. please let me know if the performance improves in that regard. My prime is on ebay right now as I am about to get 2 nexus 7s but I like the dock/tablet feel asus perfected so well.

Also when you try to search in youtube will the dock keyboard work? That has been a huge peeve of mine.

Anyone able to receive update in Canada? If not do you think they would start up tomorrow or would we have to wait a coulple weeks?

Has anyone tried watching a flash video through the stock browser after the 4.1.1/Jelly Bean update? My dad uses my TF300 currently and he watches a lot of Flash Videos. I don't want to update the tablet to 4.1.1 yet if there are serious incompatibility or problems with Flash and Jelly Bean.

any download links to zip i m only rooted but i cannot ever get OTA, some weird issue, also i tried unlocking my device but i always get an unknown network error

Updated all seems well thus far. Already noticed a couple annoying bugs fixed. Voodoo ota rootkeeper worked like a charm.

ROM
    Viper

O yes its here and its sexy

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Something I just realized is I've never used (don't think I've had) that typical drop down menu when you drag from the top middle of the screen. I've always had notifications appear down by the clock. Is this an Asus thing or do we actually have the typical Android, like I have with my phone, drag down menu?

With Google Now, I have to drag up from the bottom left of the screen where the Back and Home buttons are instead of the middle.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    Something I just realized is I've never used (don't think I've had) that typical drop down menu when you drag from the top middle of the screen. I've always had notifications appear down by the clock. Is this an Asus thing or do we actually have the typical Android, like I have with my phone, drag down menu?

With Google Now, I have to drag up from the bottom left of the screen where the Back and Home buttons are instead of the middle.
    great catch on the drop up (?) menu for Google Now. I didn't realize that was there.

as for the drop down menu from the top of the screen, I don't seem to have that on mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just remembered that pulling down from the top brings down the list of Running apps.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    I just remembered that pulling down from the top brings down the list of Running apps.
    now I see what you're saying. Guess I didn't read your previous post clearly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So far the update hasn't shown up for me, not sure why.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast