Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prissysox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 249$ is it true ?

So yesterday I whent to bestbuy I live in new York and I was looking at the tablets and i seen the transformer tf300 I said holy crap this can't be right so i asked if it was right and they said yep so now I have to decide nexus 7 or transformer tf300 size don't matter but any help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Default Re: 249$ is it true ?

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyondeck View Post
    So yesterday I whent to bestbuy I live in new York and I was looking at the tablets and i seen the transformer tf300 I said holy crap this can't be right so i asked if it was right and they said yep so now I have to decide nexus 7 or transformer tf300 size don't matter but any help?

It must be a refurb. They are selling the TF300 at Best Buy for $399.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But when they ring it up its 249

Then you should get the TF300.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    FloatOn likes this.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Yes, I see. The have a refurb TF101 for $249.

Asus - Refurbished Tablet with 16GB Memory - Brown - RTF101-A1

You can get a refurb (16 GB) TF300 for $349.

Asus - Eee Pad Transformer Tablet with 16GB Memory - Blue - TF300T-A1-BL
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Local toys r us has new tf101 for 239.99 so I'm torn between that and the nexus 7. Any help?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Local toys r us has new tf101 for 239.99 so I'm torn between that and the nexus 7. Any help?

I would get the Nexus 7 out of those two. The TF101 is over a year old and likely not going to be receiving any more updates (official anyway). The Nexus 7 has the Tegra 3 (4+1 cores) vs the TF101 (2 cores). Don't get me wrong, the TF101 is awesome, I had one for a while and 5 of my relatives have one, I just think the Nexus 7 is better.

Unless of course, not having a Micro SD Card slot is an issue than I would suggest you buy the TF300. Its a fair bit more at $400 new, but its only been out for a few months and has the Tegra 3 so its not outdated hardware either...

But honestly you can't go wrong with the TF101 if you need a Micro SD and am on a strict budget. Its still a great device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Current Device(s):
    T-Mobile - Samsung Galaxy S5
    NVIDIA Shield Tablet

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Yeah I'm all about getting the latest and greatest but the larger screen, sd slot and camera was very attractive at a lower price point than the nexus. I've also been reading about some build quality issues with the nexus which I know can occur with any new device. Be that as it may I'd still rather not deal with it. Such a tough decision.....

I got my tf300 at Best Buy open item. The normal price was $250 and it was clearanced out. I was lucky enough to get an open item for $225. I couldn't have asked for a better deal.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Pulled the trigger on the tf101 today at toys r us. Luckily I got the last one on clearance for 239.99. Also paid 60 for the two year coverall warranty (everything except water damage). So I figure I can't really go wrong. First interaction appears the be everything I wanted and maybe then some. I'll let you know after a t&e period.

I'm in the same pickle, TF300 or Nexus 7? I think I'm getting the TF300 because of the keyboard dock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

My advice is go with the tf. I think you'll be much happier as long as portability isn't a huge issue. I just heard too many horror stories about the nexus 7 and quality control issues. Plus some really bad customer service things. And it'll be even better if the tf gets jelly bean. Just my .2

Ah Cuffs!!!! The OP was right! You could have gotten a TF300 instead of a 101 for $249! Best Buy put the Blue TF300 (16GB version) on clearance to reduce inventory and make room for the 32GB version. It was SUPPOSED to be just for what's on hand at brick and mortar stores, and when I went to check last week EVERY store appears to be out.

However... on the slickdeals forum, another user mentioned having success asking a service rep at their local best buy if they would honor the previous sale price for the clearance ones. (so $249 vs $349...and the red one is still $349 online)

I called 3 SoCal bestbuys, and on the 3rd attempt, a CSR checked the previous clearance sale and found inventory on their online warehouse stock and honored the price for me. Delivered to my door this past Friday. With sales tax and shipping, came out to be roughly $270.

It might be worth an attempt to try what I did. I know the clearance is over, but they may flex on it. Can you return the 101 or is it too late??

I just came across this thread and felt frustrated that you didn't know about this until you bought the toys r us one. I was waiting for a tf300 for a long time and figure I would have a chance at black friday, but who knows what will be available? It was too good to pass up at $100 off ANY price you can find online. And the one I got was BRAND NEW. It is NOT a refurb for the clearance offer.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Aww shucks I saw something poster about one at best buy earlier in the thread but it said it was a refurb. That would've been awesome but I'm actually pretty happy with the 101. And I paid 69.99 for an extended warranty which I'm sure they wouldn't refund.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. My BB here in Charleston SC only had 16gb red TF300's for $349. I said I tried to order a blue on online but it said "shipping not available". So I asked if they could order one for me (knowing that it was on clearance for $249). Originally it couldn't be done, but then I went to another store and the sales guy did it a different way. You just have to be tenacious about it. If one guy can't do it, ask for a supervisor or go to another store. I paid $270 ($20 in tax) and got a brand new TF300. Hell of deal!!!

Cuffs, there is probably an "X amount of days" to completely refund the 101 and related warranty. I'm pretty sure Bestbuy WILL refund all warranty fees if returned within the time frame. Don't think Toysrus would be any different. Call and find out if it can even be done, and if so, you could always try getting a bestbuy to do it over the phone like I did, and if one of the CSM's agree to do it, get their name and call them back after returning the 101.
    A little bit of a hassle, but why pay the same price for a lower end/older unit? Just saying.

ROM
    CM 7 v9 radio

Quote Originally Posted by mitchpower1116 View Post
    I got my tf300 at Best Buy open item. The normal price was $250 and it was clearanced out. I was lucky enough to get an open item for $225. I couldn't have asked for a better deal.
    you could have asked for mine...
    Attachment 45575Attachment 45575

open box no charger but it did have the usb. got a charger in the mail today for 9$ was power off charging over usb until today. but iwill add that i never get this lucky and this probably wont ever be repeated for me either.