Transformer for productivity?

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I searched and didn't see this covered extensively anywhere, so I thought I'd put the question here.

A few weeks of experimentation with my Nexus 7 paired with a bluetooth apple keyboard has convinced me that I'd like to use a larger device for productivity, mostly writing and editing documents and email. My rationale has something to do with just simplifying my working process and reducing my need to use a mouse.

I'm wondering if others use a transformer for productivity could say how they use it and how well it works. And also what their experience is over the long run with the transformer keyboard dock. I'm presently torn between getting the 300 and the dock or putting the keyboard dock money towards getting the Infinity and pairing it with the keyboard I use presently -- which BTW, works incredibly well with the N7. I'm thinking I may not really need the extra clock speed of the infinity for regular office work, but then again, the Infinity might be worth the investment if it doesn't age quite so quickly.

Any thoughts/observations appreciated.

Edit: I don't expect the Transformer to replace my regular desktop system. Just to function as a tool that will work a large percentage of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The first 2 generations had an all metal back which interfered with the WiFi signal. The infinity fixes it with a plastic strip.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I searched and didn't see this covered extensively anywhere, so I thought I'd put the question here.

A few weeks of experimentation with my Nexus 7 paired with a bluetooth apple keyboard has convinced me that I'd like to use a larger device for productivity, mostly writing and editing documents and email. My rationale has something to do with just simplifying my working process and reducing my need to use a mouse.

I'm wondering if others use a transformer for productivity could say how they use it and how well it works. And also what their experience is over the long run with the transformer keyboard dock. I'm presently torn between getting the 300 and the dock or putting the keyboard dock money towards getting the Infinity and pairing it with the keyboard I use presently -- which BTW, works incredibly well with the N7. I'm thinking I may not really need the extra clock speed of the infinity for regular office work, but then again, the Infinity might be worth the investment if it doesn't age quite so quickly.

Any thoughts/observations appreciated.

Edit: I don't expect the Transformer to replace my regular desktop system. Just to function as a tool that will work a large percentage of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I would get the 300 with the dock, mainly because of the extra battery life. It works really well, so you'll be alright. As for productivity, I'm a student, so you can imagine that I use the tablet for a quite a bit of school work. It performs really well, and the Tegra 3 never slows down. The Infinity doesn't have much over the 300, other than the higher clock speed and HD screen (And I've heard the Infinity has a warm tint to the screen, and I can't stand warm tints, but that's just me.)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... I'm super impressed with Office Pro and its integration with Dropbox and Google Docs. I'm glad to hear someone is finding it easy to work on a Transformer.

Yeah both look good. It's tough to decide whether the super IPS, extra clock speed and the shiny chassis are really worth the extra $100...

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I would get the 300 with the dock, mainly because of the extra battery life. It works really well, so you'll be alright. As for productivity, I'm a student, so you can imagine that I use the tablet for a quite a bit of school work. It performs really well, and the Tegra 3 never slows down. The Infinity doesn't have much over the 300, other than the higher clock speed and HD screen (And I've heard the Infinity has a warm tint to the screen, and I can't stand warm tints, but that's just me.)

Umm the 300 is an infinity pad.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... I'm super impressed with Office Pro and its integration with Dropbox and Google Docs. I'm glad to hear someone is finding it easy to work on a Transformer.

Yeah both look good. It's tough to decide whether the super IPS, extra clock speed and the shiny chassis are really worth the extra $100...

I hear ya, I was in the same spot. In the end I decided to get the 300 and put the money towards accessories and such. I'm satisfied.

Mikea1111

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 300 because i got fed up waiting for the infinity. Very glad i did. the extra speed etc does not justify the additional cost in my mind

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Well... I still don't see the point in fully replacing my laptop's computing power with the TF300. Productivity is being time efficient for me.

I use side by side with my laptop opening auxiliary documents or references.
I also bring it to meetings with clients to show graphs, Blue prints, etc...
It hasn't replaced my note taking either, as I'm still faster writing down on paper. Afterwards, over lunch or cab ride, I copy the notes from my notebook into evernote.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've always wondered why the packaging for my tablet never said Infinity anywhere.

Who do we contact on the forums to have the title corrected?

ARH95

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
"Look at the title of this forum board and let me know what word you see next to 300.
infinity is the name of a line. 300 and 700 are the two options within that line of devices."

Actually, the title of this forum confused me, too. I don't believe the 300 is in the Infinity line. The Infinity is the 700, unless I am mistaken, and I have been researching this pretty hard for three or four days.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Aside the debate, I use Polaris Office on my ASUS TF300T for college, without the dock at the moment. And you know, I'm glad I got this tablet, its really amazing. I work off it a lot, and I plan to go get the dock soon. I got the 32 GB Blue ASUS TF300T and I've been happy with it for as long as I have had it. Stable too, and I'm a constant user, so I was surprised that the battery lasted 9 hours with me! Now with the dock? That's gonna be a lot of battery life...

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power