Jelly Bean update: a HUGE MISTAKE!

JellyBeanSucks

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My TF300 came with ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and everything seemed to be working fine. But ever since the stupid Jelly Bean update, I got so many problems with apps that became useless or partially misbehaving. I also notice the stupid Jelly Bean eats up more of my RAM than ICS. So, beside the incompatibility issues, JB is NOT supported by Flash. This means I would not be able to watch many news programs online!

Thanks to Google's dumb move on Jelly Bean, I now have developed a strong distate for the real jelly bean candies themselves! I other words, Google has destroyed what could have been something likeable. Has Google gone insane stupid or they just gotten better at pissing people off?

The real question; how can I reverse back to ICS and erase (or preferrably blow up) Jelly Bean for good?

Dubbin1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Funny mine has been buttery fresh every since the update. Oh and flash DOES work on all jellybean devices. There are PLENTY of threads that will tell you what you need.

Tekapo

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I too am having problem with flash-based website. When I clicked on the popped-up dialog telling me to get Adobe Flash Player, I was directed to Google Play but a message appeared in black and white saying "Your device is not compatible". In other words, I have not been able to even download and install Flash Player and the comments associated with the app said they "no longer" support Android 4.1 or later. I also noticed that Jelly Bean takes up more RAM (30% more than ICS)! I have not noticed any serious improvement in terms of performance Jelly Bean brings. Those I know who use Jelly Bean hate it.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to JB the first night. Dolphin Pad, older versions of Dolphin HD and even the default browser still use flash fine. Only new Dolphin HD, the Dolphin Beta and Chrome refuse to use it from my experience.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Side load flash as posted.

Factory reset to fix any ui or system app issues.

Complain to devs about jb compatibility issues(even though I myself have found none).

Problems solved?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mykellen

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had several problems with the Transformer 300 since the jelly bean update. Had to sent my in for repair. I am really, really disgusted with Asus. They are in absolute denial of the numerous problems since the jelly bean update. I hope prospective buyers take note of the warranty procedure of Asus. I had to pay to send the tablet for repair because they do not cover that..I had the tablet just over a month before the update so i could not return it to Amazon. i am still waiting for Asus to let me know the status of my tablet. before i purchased the tablet, i read lots of great reviews. I was persuaded and took the plunge.I diasppointed i am to find out that a month after i purchased the tablet it is of no use. prospective buyers be CAREFUL. Don't believe the hype

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had several problems with the Transformer 300 since the jelly bean update. Had to sent my in for repair. I am really, really disgusted with Asus. They are in absolute denial of the numerous problems since the jelly bean update. I hope prospective buyers take note of the warranty procedure of Asus. I had to pay to send the tablet for repair because they do not cover that..I had the tablet just over a month before the update so i could not return it to Amazon. i am still waiting for Asus to let me know the status of my tablet. before i purchased the tablet, i read lots of great reviews. I was persuaded and took the plunge.I diasppointed i am to find out that a month after i purchased the tablet it is of no use. prospective buyers be CAREFUL. Don't believe the hype

I have had not issues. Everything got better with the update. I have also not seen many with complaints about...

Did you factory reset? That usually fixes everything update related

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
New Update to 4.1.1 is being pushed out now. I just received it. Also, Flash is still available on the stock "Browser" application (not Chrome). You can run flash through those.

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
People have to understand that even though a model of device will have the same specs, that doesn't mean everything that works on someone's device will work on yours. All hardware support varies by age, and build quality. Even for two of the same device. For example, my optimus v may run jb with amphetamines perfectly, while another persons optimus v might not. And vice versa with different hardware.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Carl Hansen1

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes I completely agree. This update seems purely cosmetic
without much regard to functionality. I had a screencapture softkey
Which was great but now its gone. Some apps dont provide notifications
Any longer. Its a shambles. If your are running ICS, Keep it !!!!!!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Flash works just fine, all I had to do was install the apk and done, works on Chrome, Stock Browser, and possibly others. I had errors with Jellybean, but once I factory reset my tablet, it ran like a dream. Oh, and if you want the apk, here it is: http://db.tt/ZUx0d8Fl Amazing update in my opinion, and it still has the "Hold recent apps button for screenshot" so I don't know why someone was saying that it was gone when its been there this whole time, you just have to re enable it. Trebucht or however you spell it (Launcher2.apk) isn't super smooth, but it works great, and if you want something smoother and faster, then look into Nova or Apex, they might have what you seek. The only thing that I have an issue with is the damn bugreports that the tablet does on its own.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2