Question about the TF300

ijonbrown

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to decide which ASUS Transformer to get (either the TF300 or TF700) and while at my local Best Buy today the sales associate said that the TF300 had an overheating issue. He said the WiFi and Bluetooth can overheat on the chip but after googling around I can not find anything about this. Is this a known issue or just him trying to up sell me on the TF700? It sounded like an up sell but I wanted to make sure before I make my decision.

Anyone have any experience or similar issues? I am leaning toward the TF300 but want to make sure I will not have any problems with WiFi or Bluetooth.

Thanks for your help, great forum.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have the 300, purchased a month apart, and neither of us have ever had a problem with bluetooth, WiFi, or overheating of any kind. I also haven't ever heard anything about this. That doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a problem with certain 300's, but I've never read anything about it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My 300 has been rock solid. The 700 has longer battery life and a much brighter screen with higher resolution. If those interest you get the 700 otherwise the 300 is an awesome machine!

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We have one of each (300 and a 700). We have not experienced any overheating by either.... sounds like over-sale to me. And we love them.......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

ForTheGlory

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely love mine. Asus has been awesome with updates also. This was
1st tablet other than Nexus 7 to get Jelly Bean & it was only 1-2 months after N7 released. Even before the newer t700. Just got another software update yesterday to improve stability. Biggest difference is the screen resolution, and the tf300t looks great to me for the price difference.

However, due to the Nexus 10 coming out soon, I'd go that way as long as you don't need the Asus keyboard attachment.

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the 300 and love it. I found mine with the keyboard dock both in boxes for 220.00 on Craigslist!!! Could not pass it up. Works perfect

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I love my TF-300. It's better built than the Nexus 7. Is nearly stock Jellybean. Has decent battery life. And is stable (far more stable than my first tablet, (the HTC Flyer with Gingerbread). There will be a replacement or refresh for the 300 in Spring 2013. But the TF-300 is still one of the best Android tablets out there right now (with the TF-700 and Nexus 10). The screen resolution and brightness is useless in sunlight. But that was not a deal breaker for me. The 8MP camera is every bit as good as the iPad 3 camera. I'm very impressed. Highly recommended. And now available in red!

Never heard of the overheating issue. If you are ready for a Jellybean tablet for work, play, movies, TV, books, and magazines, this is a great one to get.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that sounds like he's trying to sell you on the tf700. I have had the TF300 since May and I haven't had any hardware or software problems. I love the 300 and I personally think it isn't worth the extra money for the 700. You don't get that much more. You will be pleased with the 300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37