Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Business/Productivity Use Case Recommendation

I asked a technical question earlier today about the TF300 but I wanted to get some opinions on my personal use case. I know this question has been asked but i wanted to give a little more background for recommendations. I am a safety consultant so I use my tablet quite often for work and find the portability very helpful. I use it at client locations, in the office for notes and social media as well as at home for personal surfing. I currently have and use daily, try not to laugh, an original 1st gen iPad (yes it is as slow as you think). I mostly use my tablet for email, web surfing, calendar, Evernote, social media and other productivity apps. I am not a gamer and I rarely watch videos on the tablet.

I have been researching tablets for a couple of months now and have basically settled on the ASUS TF300 or TF700. I am leaning toward the TF300 since I do not really need massive processing power for the apps I normally use. The gorila glass of the TF700 is a nice feature but I have found that I do not use my tablet in dirty work environments very often so I am not sure how useful it would really be for me. I also like the idea of getting the keyboard dock so I can be very portable and efficient at client locations. To complicate matters even more I have to get the tablet at Best Buy, why you ask, because I am using my Marriott Rewards points to a get gift card to cover most of the tablet. I dont mind spending more but that is why have to get the tablet at Best Buy ad why I have narrowed it down to these 2 tablets.

So anyone have any recommendations on which tablet to choose? I am open to other tablets as well but from the reviews I have seen these seem to be the best for my needs.

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations you can give.

Default Re: Business/Productivity Use Case Recommendation

If you use yours outdoors get the 700, much brighter screen. As for speed the 300 and 700 are almost the same, the 700 is a bit faster to push the higher resolution. Also the 700 has a longer battery life which you might find useful. Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkey77 View Post
    If you use yours outdoors get the 700, much brighter screen. As for speed the 300 and 700 are almost the same, the 700 is a bit faster to push the higher resolution. Also the 700 has a longer battery life which you might find useful. Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    I agree.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I went through the same evaluation and decided to spend the extra money for the 700. One of the fact tors for me was the fact that the 700 keyboard felt just a hit sturdier. I also felt like I might get a little more mileage out of the more powerful machine.

The IPS is really nice, too. I can definitely recommend the 700. It's an amazing machine. Use mine for portable productivity every day.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums