Upgrading my TF300T to 4.2.... how?

doogie#AC

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the firmware for 4.2 from the Asus site... and it gives me a .zip file... I extracted the zip file... but now I don't know what to do to get it to load... anyone do this?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that what the update is? Because I literally just now downloaded an update from the Settings, and I want to know exactly what it is. Can it really be the 4.2?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The install file said 4.2 but after install system still says 4.1.1, so I have no idea what it was.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

tohadlock

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's a firmware update for the TF300T from Asus not and Android update.
Right now you can update you Asus but via being rooted.:-[

LOHucks

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I know it's been 6 months since your post, and since I am new here, and your problem is not marked as "Resolved", I figured I'd respond.....This may help others.

After you d/l the OTA zip, unzip it. The resulting folder should be copied to an SD card (if available), and reinserted into your already powered up TF300T. the system should recognize the card, and find the update during the initial scan of the card. By the way......the unzipped JB folder should be in the "root" of the folder, meaning---not as a subdirectory of another folder. Hope this helps. Good Luck, if still required.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood