xbox controller + usb coupler

Gaetan Favier

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Since i dont have the keyboard dock, i was wondering if i can connect my wired xbox controller with a female to female usb coupler, on the usb end of the power cable?

Or do i need another sort of cable?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You need something to recognize the controller and there is an adapter for it? For example, the app Bluez IME recognizes some controllers wirelessly, like the Wii Remote.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Technically all you should need is the Asus adapter, and it should work fine. At least in my experience with PS3 controllers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So I cam just plug in a ps3 controller into my Asus while its in the dock and use it for my video games? Can I just get a cheap used one from Gamestop? That would be awesome. I bought a bluetooth controller from them that was specifically for Android and it did not work on any of my games. Then in the fine print inside the manual. It stated that there was a list on their website stating which games it worked with. Not many and not mine so I returned it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I cam just plug in a ps3 controller into my Asus while its in the dock and use it for my video games? Can I just get a cheap used one from Gamestop? That would be awesome. I bought a bluetooth controller from them that was specifically for Android and it did not work on any of my games. Then in the fine print inside the manual. It stated that there was a list on their website stating which games it worked with. Not many and not mine so I returned it.

I use a Microsoft branded wired controller. Others have used ps3 controllers...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I use a Microsoft branded wired controller. Others have used ps3 controllers...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I cant seem to find the right thing. The ps3 controllers I see aren't usb and I cant seem to find anything else. Obviously I'm not a gamer :confused:
Can you tell me what the name of your controller is lease?

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
are you mad? You will break something if you do that!!!! If it was possible to use a usb coupler to attach a peripheral, that is what they would sell to add USB to your tablet!!! USB runs in a single direction, as in the USB cable coming off of the charing cable is to plugin to the charger so the tablet will receive power or so the tablet will connect to the computer to sync it. USB wouldn't magically go the opposite way and have the tablet accept a connection from the wired controller!! Wow ...

ASUS sells a USB adapter OR, better option, get the dock for $50 at Best Buy, and use the USB on it.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to find the right thing. The ps3 controllers I see aren't usb and I cant seem to find anything else. Obviously I'm not a gamer :confused:
Can you tell me what the name of your controller is lease?

I have not used one, but I think I saw somewhere that you only need to connect a ps3 controller once with us, and then you can pair with bluetooth after that. And I might be wrong, but I think the charging cables are usb?

I just use a Microsoft 360 wired controller. You can order one from amazon or newegg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not used one, but I think I saw somewhere that you only need to connect a ps3 controller once with us, and then you can pair with bluetooth after that. And I might be wrong, but I think the charging cables are usb?

I just use a Microsoft 360 wired controller. You can order one from amazon or newegg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Yes, the charging cable is microUSB to USB.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

malejko

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So.. I have a Microsoft XBox 360 wired controller that I use on my PC to play games; I have connected it to my android tablet (Gateway tablet; same as Acer Iconia A500 w/ full sized USB port), and I have yet to find a game that it works with. Most of the things I have seen that it is supposed to work with are emulators, which I am not interested in on my tablet.

So.. can I use this controller for any Android games? If so, which ones?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So.. I have a Microsoft XBox 360 wired controller that I use on my PC to play games; I have connected it to my android tablet (Gateway tablet; same as Acer Iconia A500 w/ full sized USB port), and I have yet to find a game that it works with. Most of the things I have seen that it is supposed to work with are emulators, which I am not interested in on my tablet.

So.. can I use this controller for any Android games? If so, which ones?

Dead Trigger and Shadowgun, maaaaaaybe.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
... that's it? I wonder if the Ouya games are going to somehow change this?

Several. Both gta 3 and vice city. Emulators usually do.

All games can with the assistance of mapping apps. I haven't messed with them, but i know ppl that do. Some require root, some don't.

O the sonic 4 ep 2 game or whatever it is. There are several lists floating around.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Last edited:

malejko

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Dead Trigger and Shadowgun, yep! Some other MOGA enabled games.. nope.

As for these lists floating around, I would love to be able to find them! Any hints on where they might be?

I've looked at the mapping apps and to emulate touch-screen actions, it seems that root is pretty much required, and something that I have yet to be able to do on my tablet.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Dead Trigger and Shadowgun, yep! Some other MOGA enabled games.. nope.

As for these lists floating around, I would love to be able to find them! Any hints on where they might be?

I've looked at the mapping apps and to emulate touch-screen actions, it seems that root is pretty much required, and something that I have yet to be able to do on my tablet.

Quick Google search and here ya go...

http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4

Not sure how up to date it is...

Sent from my SCH-I535

djinn72

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
i have a cheap allwinner q29 tablet thats rooted running ics just got a third party wired 360 controller that looks like a real xbox joypad.
it flashes but doesnt work at all for games
will the official one work??
cant use bluetooth as the tablet doesnt have bluetooth..
please help

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i have a cheap allwinner q29 tablet thats rooted running ics just got a third party wired 360 controller that looks like a real xbox joypad.
it flashes but doesnt work at all for games
will the official one work??
cant use bluetooth as the tablet doesnt have bluetooth..
please help

Only games that support controllers will work at all. Do the games you are referring to support controllers? I would think that a controller that works at all would work with any game that supports it.

Sent from my SCH-I535