Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    @PegCityNerd
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    ...but...in theory...couldn't the Tf300 run Windows 8...?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    picture gone. have another?
  4. #4  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    ...but...in theory...couldn't the Tf300 run Windows 8...?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The ASUS technically can, for it has the technology. >

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    The ASUS technically can, for it has the technology. >

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    I'm feeling adventurous...... dual boot anyone?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    I'm feeling adventurous...... dual boot anyone?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Some people just want to watch the world burn. :P

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Some people just want to watch the world burn. :P

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    ... It's not you, it's me.

    Hey, if the Mayans can't start the apocalypse, someone has to.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    weebeesteve likes this.
  8. #8  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    ... It's not you, it's me.

    Hey, if the Mayans can't start the apocalypse, someone has to.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Are you mad? Think about the consequences!!! D:
    (Dramatic, but joking voice.)

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Are you mad? Think about the consequences!!! D:
    (Dramatic, but joking voice.)

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    You jelly brah?

    Windowssss is crap.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  
    GMJeff's Avatar

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Nice opinion.

    Glad to see they haven't went out of style on these forums yet.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    Nice opinion.

    Glad to see they haven't went out of style on these forums yet.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Windows 8 isn't my thing. Maybe it is something you like, and if so, then great.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
  12. #12  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    I love my TF300T. Oh, I did some research and saw an ASUS tablet that looked like ours, but it officially had Windows 8 on it.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    I love my TF300T. Oh, I did some research and saw an ASUS tablet that looked like ours, but it officially had Windows 8 on it.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Asus has the Tf300 renamed running Windows 8. Either the 300 or the 700 anyway. I may put Windows on here, haven't decided yet. Probably not just because I don't feel like going through the trouble...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    GMJeff's Avatar

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    As someone mentioned before, windows 8 RT will run on ARM architecture, so all it needs are the proper drivers for the hardware.

    I mean I am sure there is more to it than that, but theoretically, the platforms are pretty much the same.

    Look at samsung's Android GS3 and Windows Phone 8 Ativ S. Some reviewers say the Ativ S is just a GS3 in disguise.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Now I remember, it was on the ASUS website. Drivers + OS = New tablet.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    As someone mentioned before, windows 8 RT will run on ARM architecture, so all it needs are the proper drivers for the hardware.

    I mean I am sure there is more to it than that, but theoretically, the platforms are pretty much the same.

    Look at samsung's Android GS3 and Windows Phone 8 Ativ S. Some reviewers say the Ativ S is just a GS3 in disguise.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Very true. Now I just have to wonder what I must do to get Windows 8 on here if I ever get bored...

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Now I remember, it was on the ASUS website. Drivers + OS = New tablet.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Wait what?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
  17. #17  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    I'm just saying, the tablet looked exactly the same. Hmm...let me get the link...

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  18. #18  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Well, got a screenshot. Trips me out still.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?-uploadfromtaptalk1356680345478.jpg  
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Well, got a screenshot. Trips me out still.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    WHY DO THEY GET THE DOCK FREE?!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    WHY DO THEY GET THE DOCK FREE?!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    One word: Windows.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    One word: Windows.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    That was 3 words

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    I got a closer look at the ASUS RT Tablet that had Windows 8 that looked look the TF300 and the charger is off centered and the volume buttons have been moved to the other side.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    I got a closer look at the ASUS RT Tablet that had Windows 8 that looked look the TF300 and the charger is off centered and the volume buttons have been moved to the other side.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Innovation at its finest...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    I need to pull away from my Windows dependency...

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Hey everyone! Did you know we could get Windows 8 on our tablets?

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    I need to pull away from my Windows dependency...

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Windows works best for flashing stuff...so I'm stuck with it... for now.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did you know you could do this?
    By JHBThree in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 04:31 PM
  2. Do you think we'll get Sense 2.0?
    By zeldapsychology in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
  3. what did you guys say to get your epics replaced?
    By slith003 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 03:13 PM
  4. do you think we will get Sprint ID?
    By egeorge1 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 10:28 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions