Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  • 1 Post By eclein
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  • 1 Post By Downtown Taco
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default New Firmware Update Today

    No 4.2, unfortunately. Any details on what's new or when 4.2 is coming?
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by mjbiglaugh View Post
    No 4.2, unfortunately. Any details on what's new or when 4.2 is coming?
    Still nothing. But according to the settings after I just updated my tablet, the WiFi and Bluetooth firmwares have been updated.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    I see nothing different. Yay? :rolleyes:

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  4. #4  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    I see nothing different. Yay? :rolleyes:

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Hey, I'm enjoying my WiFi not messing up when I transfer Ubuntu from my tablet, because before, it caused me issues. Now about the annoying Bluetooth bug...time to see if its gone...

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Hey, I'm enjoying my WiFi not messing up when I transfer Ubuntu from my tablet, because before, it caused me issues. Now about the annoying Bluetooth bug...time to see if its gone...

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Ubuntu from your tablet? Tell me more.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  6. #6  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Ubuntu from your tablet? Tell me more.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, but I meant the zip file. For the PC. It's 700+ MB, but it would always fail mid transferring.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, but I meant the zip file. For the PC. It's 700+ MB, but it would always fail mid transferring.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    I'm being totally serious. Tell me more.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Mine updated but stayed 4.1.1. No clue why started there and updated to all new build file numbers etc but still 4.1.1.
    Since I've been totally wiping and restoring as others mentioned -tf300 doesn't like the stacked updates as it gets real sluggish so you really need to totally restore (factory data reset )- but so far this update hasn't screwed it up yet. Was hoping it was 4.2 but not mine.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  9. #9  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,434 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Okay, so here's before the update:New Firmware Update Today-uploadfromtaptalk1358546633509.jpg

    Here's the confirmation message:New Firmware Update Today-uploadfromtaptalk1358546666696.jpg

    And here's the new settings:New Firmware Update Today-uploadfromtaptalk1358546695679.jpg

    Again, the update only updated/fixed the WiFi and Bluetooth firmwares/bugs. My ASUS TF300T's Bluetooth is even faster than before! I'm loving it!

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    mjbiglaugh likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Battery life cut in half at idle and wireless turned off with this latest patch. Wtf?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    I factory reset. I feels like a Terga 3 device again!

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
    OperationA7X likes this.
  12. #12  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    I actually just unlocked and flashed cleanrom with a 1.6 ghz kernel. This device not only woke up, but was born again as it should have been the first time. No i/o issues what so ever and everything is as fast and smooth as anything I have ever used. Amazing what cleaned up and debloated software can do...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    How is that done? Factory reset.
  14. #14  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by snowscum View Post
    How is that done? Factory reset.
    Shut down tablet.

    Hold power and volume down.

    A menu will come up.

    Press volume down until factory reset icon is selected

    Press volume up.

    It wipes EVERYTHING.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  15. #15  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I actually just unlocked and flashed cleanrom with a 1.6 ghz kernel. This device not only woke up, but was born again as it should have been the first time. No i/o issues what so ever and everything is as fast and smooth as anything I have ever used. Amazing what cleaned up and debloated software can do...

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    How did you go about this?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
  16. #16  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,212 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    How did you go about this?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    I used this guide:

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2041627

    it involves unlocking the bootloader which voids your warranty. Not hard, but if you have never unlocked or rooted a device before i suggest you read into it a bit and make sure you are ready before you jump it.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  17. #17  

    Default Re: New Firmware Update Today

    Which symbol is it? I did the 1st and 4th.

Similar Threads

  1. New firmware update
    By will1881 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
  2. New Firmware Update error. Need help!
    By Maurifuentes in forum Misc. Android Phone Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. New Firmware update = New Market
    By dylan808 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 04:09 AM
  4. Anybody else get a firmware update today?
    By SnottyW in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
  5. I can't find the new firmware update...HELP!
    By jgladstone in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions