Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station

Does anyone know if I can buy a male to female USB 2.0 adapter, plug it onto the male end of the stock 40pin Asus charger, and then attach a USB 2.0 to RJ45 to that and access the net via my wired internet on the Transformer tablet??? Any help would be appreciated, I just bought the tablet on an impulse and dont have wifi in my home currently so I'm wondering if the tablet will accept the internet connection via the 40 pin data/charging port either automatically or if there is a driver or whatever that I could download that would enable that to work. Thank you so much if you can help me out with this before I just go buy all the adapters and try to frankenstein my way on to the internet lol.

ORRRR duh, I could just buy a mini wireless router, total brain fart lol. Staying in a hotel and never once thought of just getting my own wireless router and plugging it in. WOW, but still I AM curious if anyone knows if my frankenstein method would work or not? Let me know! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station-13217723600.jpg   Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station-rj.jpg   Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station-usb.jpg   Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station-charger.jpg  

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station

Seems like it would, but it would need the drivers to work. Other than that, I don't see why not.

Sent from my HTC Vivid CyanogenMod 10 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Default Re: Connecting TF300T to rj45 ethernet without docking station

Not sure if this helps but the usb cannot be used as a network connection, i asked asus. Also I would think it unlikely that there would be any ethernet h/w on the pad.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums