Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By grumpyalbertm
  • 1 Post By npark2012
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to the Android world

Greetings to all, Just wanted to say that i am new to this forum ... So i will be the first to admit i am a huge fan of Blackberry (crackberry), Planning on getting the new BlackBerry Q10 when ever it becomes available to the US, But yesterday I decided it was time to get a tablet. So being a BlackBerry guy i was going to get the BB Playbook but it seems that no on carries them and to get one you have to order online for one. Well i did not want to wait for that so I decided to get the Asus Transformer Prime 10.1 Tablet. Well after making the purchase i felt a little dirty because i did not get the BB playbook. After setting up the Asus, i was blown away! "what have i been missing all my life? this Tablet is great"! now I feel more connected to the world with a Android Tablet. Now the decision for what to do about the phone Android or BlackBerry? oh well!
    TvTechGuru likes this.

ROM
    STOCK

Default Re: New to the Android world

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyalbertm View Post
    Greetings to all, Just wanted to say that i am new to this forum ... So i will be the first to admit i am a huge fan of Blackberry (crackberry), Planning on getting the new BlackBerry Q10 when ever it becomes available to the US, But yesterday I decided it was time to get a tablet. So being a BlackBerry guy i was going to get the BB Playbook but it seems that no on carries them and to get one you have to order online for one. Well i did not want to wait for that so I decided to get the Asus Transformer Prime 10.1 Tablet. Well after making the purchase i felt a little dirty because i did not get the BB playbook. After setting up the Asus, i was blown away! "what have i been missing all my life? this Tablet is great"! now I feel more connected to the world with a Android Tablet. Now the decision for what to do about the phone Android or BlackBerry? oh well!
    There has been a lot of positive reviews about the new bb but the actual "ecosystem" is not as robust as ios or android. So if you want to be "connected" to the world then I would suggest an android phone. Blackberry is still trying to save themselves with the new blackberry, they are doing good so far but they still don't have that edge just yet. And who knows if and when they will succeed or fail. It still falls to your decision on which you want. You can get the new bb right now for almost $1k USD. lol. So you just need to weigh in your pros and cons.
    TvTechGuru likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My biggest issue was with the touch screen but after using my Tablet the last couple of nights i am really thinking of switching from BB to a DROID Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    There has been a lot of positive reviews about the new bb but the actual "ecosystem" is not as robust as ios or android. So if you want to be "connected" to the world then I would suggest an android phone. Blackberry is still trying to save themselves with the new blackberry, they are doing good so far but they still don't have that edge just yet. And who knows if and when they will succeed or fail. It still falls to your decision on which you want. You can get the new bb right now for almost $1k USD. lol. So you just need to weigh in your pros and cons.

Come over to the Android ecosystem! You won't regret it! I too was a crackberry addict like you up until 2009 when the first Motorola Droid came out and I haven't looked back!

I too have the Asus Transformer TF300. I got it when it came out back in May and I love it. Never let's me down and performs without skipping a beat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I'm a huge HTC Android fanatic, but I wanted an Android tablet, I wanted a large, powerful, reasonably priced, one. Looked around, and there were some Samsung ones catching my eyes. However, when I bought the ASUS TF300T on Black Friday, it felt great! 4.0.3, Quad core processor, beautiful screen, and more. I gotta say, ASUS made a fine tablet.

Welcome to Android.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    TvTechGuru likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have not picked up the Keyboard for the tablet yet, But how is it? and will it support a wireless mouse if i connected to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    Come over to the Android ecosystem! You won't regret it! I too was a crackberry addict like you up until 2009 when the first Motorola Droid came out and I haven't looked back!

I too have the Asus Transformer TF300. I got it when it came out back in May and I love it. Never let's me down and performs without skipping a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyalbertm View Post
    I have not picked up the Keyboard for the tablet yet, But how is it? and will it support a wireless mouse if i connected to it?
    I love the keyboard. I haven't tried connecting any mice to the USB port.

Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I have the dock and I have connected a wired mouse and it works perfectly!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by 2: