Another great deal on Woot.com

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Just bought one on clearance last week at my local Staples store for $289. Apparently, they aren't going to sell that model anymore, but they didn't know if there was a new model on the horizon or if they just dropped them from their offerings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of TF300 deals, so I'm guessing Asus is coming out with a newer model soon. I wonder if the TF700 will start dropping a lot in price--that'd be sweet!

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Stay way from refurbished electronics!

Never buy refurbished electronics, all you are doing is inhereting someone else's problem.

I've had friends get burned buying refurbished electronics. You save money but you are more prone to more headaches.

If you're going to buy, buy new my friend.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's worth noting that when I was having problems with my previous phone, the Droid Incredible (which I got new), the replacement phone that I received (that was almost certainly factory refurbished) worked flawlessly. This experience has been described many times on this and other forums. Refurbished items are not necessarily items that were returned due to defects or problems--oftentimes, people just return something because they had second thoughts.

So personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying never buy refurbished. My advice would be to make sure there is a good warranty or return policy, whether it's new or refurbished.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's worth noting that when I was having problems with my previous phone, the Droid Incredible (which I got new), the replacement phone that I received (that was almost certainly factory refurbished) worked flawlessly. This experience has been described many times on this and other forums. Refurbished items are not necessarily items that were returned due to defects or problems--oftentimes, people just return something because they had second thoughts.

So personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying never buy refurbished. My advice would be to make sure there is a good warranty or return policy, whether it's new or refurbished.

I think these types of threads are best left in the marketplace.

People would love you there.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Good point, I didn't think about that.

It's not like its a bad thing, but most people in this forum section already have a TF300T, but maybe people in the marketplace need a good deal on a tablet.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True that, but sometimes people check out a particular forum because they're considering buying that device, and want to see if there are any major issues. That's what I did before getting my TF300.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
True that, but sometimes people check out a particular forum because they're considering buying that device, and want to see if there are any major issues. That's what I did before getting my TF300.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Agreed. Why not do both then? :D

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums