Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misschristiep
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbie needs help with ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity tf300... version 4.0.3

Hello...

I'm another new converter to the Android awesomeness and LOVE mine but have clue what extras I should be installing or staying away from......Basically I need guidance for ALL of the desserts that can be added on
    - Jelly bean
    - Ice cream sandwich
    - Honeycomb
    - etc
    Would you advise against installing the pretty/fancy apps such as keyboards and themes? i have installed and deleted a few apps so far but haven't done too much else.
    I'm sure I've missed something but if you have any tips to set it up that would be great!
    Thank you so much
    grumpyalbertm likes this.

Default Re: Newbie needs help with ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity tf300... version 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by misschristiep View Post
    Hello...

I'm another new converter to the Android awesomeness and LOVE mine but have clue what extras I should be installing or staying away from......Basically I need guidance for ALL of the desserts that can be added on
    - Jelly bean
    - Ice cream sandwich
    - Honeycomb
    - etc
    Would you advise against installing the pretty/fancy apps such as keyboards and themes? i have installed and deleted a few apps so far but haven't done too much else.
    I'm sure I've missed something but if you have any tips to set it up that would be great!
    Thank you so much
    *EDIT*

Wait, do you have the Transformer 300 or the original?

*EDIT TO THE EDIT*

I need to read everything before I post...your tablet should prompt you with an update, just accept it.

I'm going back to bed...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Newbie needs help with ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity tf300... version 4.0.3

First of all welcome,
    I have had my T300 for almost a week and all i have done is update it and installed a lot of apps and installed a live wallpaper. Basically just enjoy it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi,

Thanks for you reply......I was hoping that I could keep it simple and fun so that's perfect

appreciate the tip

Another thing you can do is read the forums for all sorts of tips & tricks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I will be for sure - this site is my new best friend now - Lots*******of help for people like me haha
    Last edited by misschristiep; 02-16-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: I also need tips on how to type properly in my posts..

Quote Originally Posted by misschristiep View Post
    I will be for sure - this site is my new best friend now - Lots*******of help for people like me haha
    If you need help, we have answers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thanks

ROM
    Viper

You can pretty much download whatever you want. Stick to the play store and you will be fine. If an app acts up or does something odd then just uninstall it. There is lots of great content. If you want to know about anything specific, just ask and ppl will chime in.

If you are on 4.0.3, then that is ice cream sandwich. You should be able to do a firmware update to get to the latest update, which will be jelly Bean. It will be 4.1.something

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

It's still 4.1.1 JellyBean, no 4.1.2 in sight.

And yes, we here at Android Central help out one another to give each user the best possible Android experience. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned expert, there's always something you may not know or something worth reading.

Enjoy the TF300T and welcome aboard!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.