Newbie needs help with ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity tf300... version 4.0.3

misschristiep

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello...

I'm another new converter to the Android awesomeness and LOVE mine but have clue what extras I should be installing or staying away from......Basically I need guidance for ALL of the desserts that can be added on :)
- Jelly bean
- Ice cream sandwich
- Honeycomb
- etc
Would you advise against installing the pretty/fancy apps such as keyboards and themes? i have installed and deleted a few apps so far but haven't done too much else.
I'm sure I've missed something but if you have any tips to set it up that would be great!
Thank you so much :)

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello...

I'm another new converter to the Android awesomeness and LOVE mine but have clue what extras I should be installing or staying away from......Basically I need guidance for ALL of the desserts that can be added on :)
- Jelly bean
- Ice cream sandwich
- Honeycomb
- etc
Would you advise against installing the pretty/fancy apps such as keyboards and themes? i have installed and deleted a few apps so far but haven't done too much else.
I'm sure I've missed something but if you have any tips to set it up that would be great!
Thank you so much :)

*EDIT*

Wait, do you have the Transformer 300 or the original?

*EDIT TO THE EDIT*

I need to read everything before I post...your tablet should prompt you with an update, just accept it.

I'm going back to bed...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

grumpyalbertm

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
First of all welcome,
I have had my T300 for almost a week and all i have done is update it and installed a lot of apps and installed a live wallpaper. Basically just enjoy it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

grumpyalbertm

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Another thing you can do is read the forums for all sorts of tips & tricks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You can pretty much download whatever you want. Stick to the play store and you will be fine. If an app acts up or does something odd then just uninstall it. There is lots of great content. If you want to know about anything specific, just ask and ppl will chime in.

If you are on 4.0.3, then that is ice cream sandwich. You should be able to do a firmware update to get to the latest update, which will be jelly Bean. It will be 4.1.something

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's still 4.1.1 JellyBean, no 4.1.2 in sight.

And yes, we here at Android Central help out one another to give each user the best possible Android experience. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned expert, there's always something you may not know or something worth reading.

Enjoy the TF300T and welcome aboard!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch