1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Massive keyboard battery drain.

So as the title says I am having massive battery drain on my keyboard all of a sudden. I've tried just about everything. I remember there was an update for the keyboard firmware a long time ago. Is that even an option anymore? I've hard reset tablet with the keyboard connected. I even had tablet connected to keyboard with this last update ( which fixed the sound on the HDMI by the way!)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Massive keyboard battery drain.

How fast is it draining? Is it draining just sitting there?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It can drain within a couple of hours with little to no use. Ill plug it in tomorrow and try to tell you. I have stopped using it. I did however turn of the wifi until tablet is on setting and tablet which has always had good battery has even better now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay. I charged my tab and keyboard last night. Remember tablet battery without **** has been great. I docked the tablet and watched a video for half an hour. I left the tablet plugged into the dock,turned off the screen and left for 2 hours. The dock battery is totally drained. Has the red exclamation mark

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

While connected, the dock should be charging the tablet if the tablet starts to run low on power. Do you notice the tablet still being charged as well? Or does the battery's charge seem to just "disappear"? Anyways, if it seemed to work fine before and this is occurring all of a sudden, I would contact customer support for an RMA. I would send it in so we could test the dock's battery to make sure it has not gone bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I understand what you are saying but what im trying to articulate is that when the batteries of both are fully charged and the unit is off there should be no need for the dock to be doing anything. I dont know if im saying it right I guess the point is that this has never happened since Ive owned this or even with my TF101. I hope this does not sound ugly but my experiences with Asus support has been deeply disapointing. So much so that I just bought the TF300 when I had a problem with my TF101rather then jump through the hoops etc.I love this device and want to upgrade to the Prime or Infinity though. Still going to be a customer. I dont believe there is a better tablet/keyboard dock combo out there. Rather than speaking poorly about them in any posts etc I have just tried to find a way to avoid them. (That's kind of a sad commetary but true)
    Thanks for the help. Ill keep fussing with it. BTW I am not rooted or anything.

Update. As I using this right now both batteries are draining equally. As a matter of fact the tablet battery level is a little lower then the keyboard dock level. If there is a way to take a screen shot I could post it.

Final update. After the level dropped a little more on the tablet it started to show the charging symbol and draining the keyboard dock as it should. At this point its just a matter of finding out why the dock drains when the unit is off.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by evofever; 05-16-2013 at 10:02 AM.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

The battery capacity of the keyboard dock is about half the capacity of the tablet's battery. And check your battery usage, sounds like a rogue app.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Any luck tracking down the cause of the drain? I am having the same problem.

Try installing Wake Lock Detector to see if some app is causing the device to execute partial wake locks frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app