Problem with my new TF300T

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so first of all, hi:)

Now, I bought a brand new TF300T and I just got it today. I charged it until the light went green and when I turned it on for the first time it was fine, everything was just terrific but then I turned it off for..I don't know, 2 hours or so.

When I turned it on for the second time I noticed that something was wrong, it's just moving between screens/apps without me even touching it. When I try to use the keyboard it just goes ''sdgsg'' like when you put your finger on a keyboard and it's stuck.
I try to use something and while I'm doing it a different window pops up out of nowhere(like the weather widget or something)

I called the store and they told me to reset my tablet which I did but it didn't help at all.

Is there a way to solve it before I have to send it back and get a new one? because I'm afraid it's just going to happen again with a different one.

I have a screen protector which they installed in the store, is there a chance that it's pressing on the screen or something? I'm just really frustrated, I wanna use my tablet.

Oh and I updated it to the newest version and it didn't help.
The thing is, that when I use the tablet when it is connected with the charger it works fine. Is there a chance that it's acting up because it's not fully charged?(again, the light was green)
It works fine but the second I disconnect the charger it goes crazy again.

I didn't charge it for 8 hours, more like 4, but It's hard for me to understand why would my tablet act so crazy the second I take the charger out(literally 1 second after I take it out)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
That is very strange! Regardless, I would jump on it and take it in for a new one. I highly doubt it will happen a second time around.Iit also sounds to me like a problem with the capacitive screen more than anything.

I never had many problems with mine, but when I did most were software related to Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Now up to date, it runs beautifully. I promise you bought a good tablet, but perhaps you just got a fluke. :) If you could trudge your way to the system update, perhaps bringing it up to date would help you out?

Another thins that helped me out when I had my bugs was a cold boot, which you do when you:
-Hold the table landscape (easier to explain, no real reason for this part)...if you have the physical keyboard-dock it.
-Make sure it's off
-Hold left on the volume key
AND AT THE SAME TIME
-Hold the power button.

Hold until the tablet sounds off with vibration or sound and begins to show signs of it turning on. You'll see some symbols across the center of the screen and some very small diagnostic text in the upper left.

I hope that helps, but honestly, assuming you bought it locally or on Amazon, a return or exchange should be easy. I'd do it for good measure, it really sounds like you got a fluke. Like I said, I promise you got a neat and fun tablet :). If you're uncomfortable with taking another one from their batch in store, you could always just return and order from Amazon or the store online storefront from which you purchased it.

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your awesome reply.

I do love the tablet and I did my research before purchasing it so I'm definitely not disappointed but with that being said, I just updated my tablet to the Jelly Bean 4.2 (love the look btw), unplugged the charger and it's still going bananas when it's not plugged in(works perfectly fine when the charger is in)

I'll probably get a new one unless there's a miracle and someone knows what the hell is wrong with it.

EDIT:
Ok, now it doesn't even work properly with the charger so..I guess I need to get a new one.
Although I am scared that it's just going to keep happening with every single TF300T that they give me so I'm still thinking about buying a different tablet, but again, I love this one and even if I get a new one it's definitely not going to be an Apple product but something with similar qualities(Tegra, Android etc. etc.).

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for nearly a year, while it's not perfect it's a great device. I'd say give it one more shot before going to a different tablet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a grounding issue. Could be a pin or connector broken on either the tablet or the cord. My tablet's digitizer acts up every once in a great while, rendering it useless. Reboots, force shutdowns, nothing fixes it. It just...goes away. I do not understand. If you can, get a replacement. But just be warned: you'll notice a heavy reduction in performance after a few months, that alone is driving me so crazy, I just want to unlock the bootloader.

But hey, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Again, thank you guys for taking the time to answer my post

I'll talk to the store in a couple of hours and see what they can do, if they can give me a new one today then I'll give it a shot but if they can't then maybe I'll just send it back and cancel the whole thing, look for a different tablet.
Their TF300T price is much cheaper than 95% of the stores here so I would not be surprised if it's a ''renovated'' one and that's why it's cheaper(+the problems), although they said nothing about it on the site which is of course illegal(if it is in fact ''renovated'')

EDIT:
Ok so I talked to the store and they'll send me a new one today or tomorrow. Hopefully the new one won't cause me any trouble.

Last edited:
May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I got my new one and it seems to be just fine.

The thing is, it offered my an update so obviously I thought it was the 4.2 but it was the 4.1 and now I have no idea how to get the 4.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair