Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Well well well, look who's here.

Hey all, listen, quick question since I'm boned basically.

Due to unforseen events, my precious tablet has been cracked, just take a look here: Well well well, look who's here.-uploadfromtaptalk1370259253206.jpg

Now, I wanted to contact ASUS and ask them if they would repair it under warranty, which it still is, along with 2 years extended warranty from Office Depot. However, upon closer inspection, I found this inside my tablet. What you're about to see is the backing of the tablet. Well well well, look who's here.-uploadfromtaptalk1370259392256.jpg

It's funny, because I'm not the first customer to report finding foreign fingerprints inside of this tablet, just head over to XDA and look for yourself and see. I also noticed a black mark, what can that be? I really don't know, it's also on the tablet itself too: Well well well, look who's here.-uploadfromtaptalk1370259542470.jpg

And then my tablet flipped me off: that medal plate in the previous image had a special sticker on it that I'm guessing came apart when the accident happened. It was one of those "removing this sticker voids your warranty" stickers.

So tell me guys and girls, am I boned? Will I be wasting my time trying to contact ASUS for a repair? Should I just use my extended warranty or what?

I miss this damn tablet, no matter how bad of a lag the launcher had.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Default Re: Well well well, look who's here.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Hey all, listen, quick question since I'm boned basically.

Due to unforseen events, my precious tablet has been cracked, just take a look here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370259253206.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	70331

Now, I wanted to contact ASUS and ask them if they would repair it under warranty, which it still is, along with 2 years extended warranty from Office Depot. However, upon closer inspection, I found this inside my tablet. What you're about to see is the backing of the tablet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370259392256.jpg 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	70332

It's funny, because I'm not the first customer to report finding foreign fingerprints inside of this tablet, just head over to XDA and look for yourself and see. I also noticed a black mark, what can that be? I really don't know, it's also on the tablet itself too: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370259542470.jpg 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	70333

And then my tablet flipped me off: that medal plate in the previous image had a special sticker on it that I'm guessing came apart when the accident happened. It was one of those "removing this sticker voids your warranty" stickers.

So tell me guys and girls, am I boned? Will I be wasting my time trying to contact ASUS for a repair? Should I just use my extended warranty or what?

I miss this damn tablet, no matter how bad of a lag the launcher had.

I would try milking that extended warranty.

"Unforseen events" meaning...?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

...how does a sticker come off during an "accident?"

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Your guess is as good as mine, guessing impact, it did make contact with a street from a height of about 5 feet, so you tell me. Turns out the mighty dock won't protect all.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine, guessing impact, it did make contact with a street from a height of about 5 feet, so you tell me. Turns out the mighty dock won't protect all.

Yikes. Did you find the sticker inside of the device upon breakdown?

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Yikes. Did you find the sticker inside of the device upon breakdown?

Yes. However, the sticker was already ripped, I didn't understand. But when I thought it through, it seems the most logical event that caused the uneven sticker to rip was the impact.

I would use that warranty from Office Depot. I'm sorry to see the tablet like that. Your second image is a picture of the back plate. A drop could jar the metal plate from the cover and possibly rip the sticker. It's impossible to know now, but it's also a moot point. The factory warranty wouldn't have repaired the damage under warranty terms. We don't cover physical damage. We could do a paid repair, but it will be cheaper for you to go through with your purchased extended warranty.

Hey, cool, are you officially from ASUS USA? We'd love to have you more involved in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Hey, cool, are you officially from ASUS USA? We'd love to have you more involved in these discussions.
    Yep, I work over here at our US corporate offices. When I can, I do browse around and try to contribute to conversations or answer any questions that haven't been answered already.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Looks like I must track down the warranty then. Thanks.