Laggy TF300? Try this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've always been somewhat disappointed with my TF300's performance, apart from its gaming performance. It would often seem to lag a lot, and downloading/installing updates from Google Play or Amazon Appstore would take at least 2-3 times as long as on my Nexus 7 or even my old Acer A100. Then I ran across this thread in Google+:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101039304861471229690/posts/RmoEvQS3u5J

Using the All-in-One Toolbox to disable the suggested apps from startup really seems to have woken up my TF300. I'm not entirely sure if simply disabling the apps in the System/Apps menu would have achieved the same result, but some of those apps don't have a disable option in the System menu. Anyway, if you're unsatisfied by your TF300's performance, give it a try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It turns out that the All-In-One Toolbox still can't disable some of these apps (like App Locker), but I still noted a significant improvement in performance after disabling a number of apps mentioned in that thread. In retrospect, I suspect that disabling Asus Sync was the main benefit. Haven't tried reenabling it yet to compare, because why mess up a good thing?

Jutta Carl

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Greetings;
Downloaded it last evening to my families: Asus Memo Pad, Asus TF300T, Toshiba Excite 10, and Lenovo Idea Pad S6000. Thanks, it works great in them!!!!
Regards

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I was able to disable many asus apps (but not all) under settings > apps. I was going to install all in one toolbox but i just thought the app required to many permissions and didn?t bother to install. This along with the latest sept update has thing running better.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've always been somewhat disappointed with my TF300's performance, apart from its gaming performance. It would often seem to lag a lot, and downloading/installing updates from Google Play or Amazon Appstore would take at least 2-3 times as long as on my Nexus 7 or even my old Acer A100. Then I ran across this thread in Google+:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101039304861471229690/posts/RmoEvQS3u5J

Using the All-in-One Toolbox to disable the suggested apps from startup really seems to have woken up my TF300. I'm not entirely sure if simply disabling the apps in the System/Apps menu would have achieved the same result, but some of those apps don't have a disable option in the System menu. Anyway, if you're unsatisfied by your TF300's performance, give it a try.

I'm going to give this try...I came here for other problems. ;) But really--this tablet is SO slow....it is painful to use at times. Compared to my S4 phone, this is like using a 1989 device. I regret buying it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the key thing is to disable Asus Sync. I also rely on the stock Browser, rather than Chrome. Things did start to slow down again a while after I made those modifications, but not nearly as badly as it used to get.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've done that on Sync, thanks. I'll see how that goes. I never use Chrome, but Firefox.

I don't use any special Asus sync services, assuming this is the online storage, or their own accounts.