Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JON Washington
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question CWM not working on TF300; How to get TWRP instead

So, after about a month of failing at unlocking, flashing recovery, and rooting my TF300, tonight I finally got to flashing CWM recovery, and was ready to root it, but CWM is not mounting anything! I wiped the cache and dalvik, and then tried to install a .zip from internal sdcard, but any time I try to do that, I don't get anything but an error message that reads: [E:Can't mound /emmc/]. I've tried with the external SD card too, but I get the same thing. I wanted TWRP in the first place, but ended up following a video to install CWM. So my question is does anybody know of a fix for this, or an easy way to get TWRP rather than CWM?

Default Re: CWM not working on TF300; How to get TWRP instead

Hello..

I'm a TWRP user myself on my smartphone & tablet. I checked TeamWin's website and they support the TF300

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.6 - Asus Transformer TF300T(G) | TeamWin
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have it on my phone and like it much better than CWM, but since I already have CWM on my TF300, is there a way to remove CWM or have both?

Quote Originally Posted by JON Washington View Post
    I have it on my phone and like it much better than CWM, but since I already have CWM on my TF300, is there a way to remove CWM or have both?
    When you install/flash TWRP it will replace CWM. You can only have one recovery at a time so it will just overwrite the existing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes. Thank you! I got it working
    Paul627g likes this.