How to recover pictures from factory reset device with Andriod 4.2.1

journeyonline

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

My son factory reset his tablet then after he rebooted he realized his memory card was not working as he thought. All his pictures are on the internal memory. He did not do anything else but give the tablet to his dad(me) and said can you fix it. I work with all kinds of computers but this is not the norm for me. Any direction pointing to some help would be great. Thank-you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

My son factory reset his tablet then after he rebooted he realized his memory card was not working as he thought. All his pictures are on the internal memory. He did not do anything else but give the tablet to his dad(me) and said can you fix it. I work with all kinds of computers but this is not the norm for me. Any direction pointing to some help would be great. Thank-you
A factory reset should not have erased the sd card. If the photos are deleted then it's likely the sd card was also erased, possibly on accident, and the photos can't be retrieved. There are a number of apps in the Play Store which claim to recover deleted photos. However, I don't believe that's likely.