I think my tablet has about had it.

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I think this TF300 is about on its last leg. I've noticed that the bottom edge that connects to the keyboard has started to crack and fall apart. Is anyone else experiencing massive lag lately? I've done just about everything suggested on this forum to get the last little bit of energy out of this thing but it think its time for a replacement or a root... Sad because this thing is only about a year and a half old.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my TF300 has gotten pretty slow as well. I can't pinpoint the problem. I tried Nova Launcher for a while, which seemed to improve things temporarily, but then it slowed down again. I've disabled a bunch of apps, most notably Asus Sync, which seemed to help at first also, but not any more. Things can get unbearably laggy when Google apps are syncing in the background--sometimes it takes apps like Gmail and Google Now a few minutes to sync.

I would guess that it might speed up a little if I did a full factory reset, or if I rooted it and flashed a ROM, but I'm either too lazy or just not into rooting. This behavior also occurred with my Razr Maxx, and it makes me wonder if the slowdown is due to Google Play Services updates. Anyway, it's still a decent gaming tablet, so that's what I use it for.

Deegan

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's about all I use it for these days. Notes, and gaming. I'll let you guys know how a root goes if I end up doing it.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually found some minor improvement in performance by disabling even more of the various Asus bloatware. I had previously disabled Asus Sync and Webstorage, but now I've disabled MyCloud and a few other of those "My" apps. Might be my imagination, but it seems to work a little better now. I was actually able to use it as a casual laptop replacement on a recent trip without wanting to throw it out a window. I wonder if disabling all of those Asus cloud-based apps helps prevent the device from wasting time trying to connect to its cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463