No CPU bump = Pointless device?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding that this tab is basically the same as it's predecessor only with a higher resolution screen. If the previous model's Tegra 3 was adequate enough for it's display, wouldn't increasing the resolution without upgrading the processing power make it more taxing to render things thus giving you worse performance than you had before?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that this tab is basically the same as it's predecessor only with a higher resolution screen. If the previous model's Tegra 3 was adequate enough for it's display, wouldn't increasing the resolution without upgrading the processing power make it more taxing to render things thus giving you worse performance than you had before?

The Tegra 3 was overpowered to render on the prime, while I suppose it still has more power than is technically needed. Remember that the "new" iPad has an even higher resolution screen and can squeeze out the frames with no problems (with a slightly more powerful GPU). I'm not sure about the actual CPU bump, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did bump it

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The Tegra 3 was overpowered to render on the prime, while I suppose it still has more power than is technically needed. Remember that the "new" iPad has an even higher resolution screen and can squeeze out the frames with no problems (with a slightly more powerful GPU). I'm not sure about the actual CPU bump, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did bump it

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

Tell that to The Verge. Is the Retina display holding back iPad graphics? | The Verge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non