Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Infinity Cases?

Does anyone know of a good cover/case for this? I just ordered the roocase on Amazon but it would actually be nice to have something similar to the ipad magnetic cover. With all the litigation that's going on today I doubt it but just wanted to check. TIA.

Default Re: Infinity Cases?

Yeah, if anyone has a case that they can recommend or post pics of I'd be thankful. Most of the cases on Amazon and other sites appear to be too bulky for my tastes. The roocase looks to be the best bet, but with the TF700 and the TF201 having the same dimensions I was hoping for more case options.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

Funny that you posted this... I was just logging in to post this very same question..

I haven't found anything yet... Nor any reviews. So if you do find something, please post it up....
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP JB

What you're looking for is the Transleeve. You can probably find it on Amazon, but I think it's overpriced. They have a dual version coming soon for the keyboard dock too
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

I definatly want something that can do both the tab and the dock together

I went to best buy hoping to find something that fit but if you dont have an ipad, they dont carry folio type cases for you.....

EDIT: On a side note though, if anyone finds a slim folio style case for the tab WITHOUT the dock, plz post a link.
    Last edited by Manipulate; 07-20-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    What you're looking for is the Transleeve. You can probably find it on Amazon, but I think it's overpriced. They have a dual version coming soon for the keyboard dock too
    OMG, could they have picked worse colors for the case? Pink, baby blue, brown and white/ivory (the only good one imo.) Seriously, did they just throw a dart at a color wheel?
    incarceration likes this.

I'm sorry, either my monitor is off or I'm color blind. I guess it isn't brown but black, and the baby blue is supposed to be light green. Black is an improvement, but light green? Probably call it "sea foam" or something stupid.

Will tf300 cases work for the infinity?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

The transleeve looks like the ticket. The roocase makes it too big.

Looking for a more ruggedized sleeve/silicone cover, I found some for the older models. From what I can tell it may take a while for these to hit the market designed specifically for the TF700T. Even then, unless the Infinity starts selling like hotcakes, we may be limited in choice of covers.

So in the meantime, I ordered one from these guys on Amazon figuring I might be able to adapt it a little by making some cuts with an Exacto Knife. Might work, might not, will have to post back with what I find out when I receive it.

ROM
    BAMF

I got the i-Blason case and while it does not work with the dock, it is a very nice case. Fits great and the cutouts for the cameras, sensors and speakers are spot on. As a bonus it comes with a stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by njgsx96 View Post
    I got the i-Blason case and while it does not work with the dock, it is a very nice case. Fits great and the cutouts for the cameras, sensors and speakers are spot on. As a bonus it comes with a stylus.
    Is it this one? Looks like it protects the dock too but I think the tablet can't lock onto dock when tablet has case on. Sounds like what you meant, unless you got the i-blason that only is meant for the tablet (there are two on the site for the 700).

http://www.i-blason.com/i-Blason-Tra...&searchSize=12

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ROM
    BAMF

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    Is it this one? Looks like it protects the dock too but I think the tablet can't lock onto dock when tablet has case on. Sounds like what you meant, unless you got the i-blason that only is meant for the tablet (there are two on the site for the 700).

i-Blason ASUS Transformer Pad TF700 Infinity Tablet Artificial Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF700 with Free Bonus Stylus (Speaker Hole is Opened) Black : Transformer

I did not get that one. I have a small bag that fits the tablet and dock perfectly which I use when I want to bring the combo. I got just the one for the tablet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

I'm thinking about getting the Pelican 1075, but would really like to see one in person first.

Pelican Products | 1075 & i1075 HardBack Case

This one seems like a good one for going dockless, at least it's more padded & protected than most options.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) 100% Genuine Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Tablet (Compatible with TF300T and Prime TF201): Electronics

Just following up to my other post regarding the silicone cover/case I ordered. It's made specifically for another model, not the TF700T.

I like the feel of the product. It has a good tight fit for the Infinity but until they make one specifically for the TF700T you'll have to make some cuts to expose new placements of the volume rocker, the HDMI port, and the camera mic. This isn't the ideal, but worked for my purposes.

Another noteworthy item, the silicone is nice and sturdy, good high quality, but this can present challenges if you decide to make your own cuts. With a razor blade or an exacto, just go slow and careful or you'll wind up slipping with the blade. Extreme caution advised.

UPDATE: As of today, I understand BobjGear is shipping a silicone case made specifically for the TF700T around September 22.
    Last edited by Scarab; 09-07-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: updated post to include new information re: ship date of new case to fit the TF700T

Quote Originally Posted by lfreng@appraisalwerx View Post
    Skins are actually not a bad idea as they'll keep the thin look of the thin tablet. They have some nice options for different looks. Also come with a screen protector.

ROM
    BAMF

Do those skins interfere with docking at all? How resistive are they? Not that I plan to drop it but i know the case is pretty protective, although more bulky for sure. I always see them and love the concept but don't want to permanently cover it. I like the metal look and even like the gurple color. I have a leather profolio now but keep looking at these things. Man, decisions! heheh
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by njgsx96 View Post
    Do those skins interfere with docking at all? How resistive are they? Not that I plan to drop it but i know the case is pretty protective, although more bulky for sure. I always see them and love the concept but don't want to permanently cover it. I like the metal look and even like the gurple color. I have a leather profolio now but keep looking at these things. Man, decisions! heheh
    I haven't received my skin for the Infinity, but I had one for the prime and its keyboard. I loved it. It protects from scratching only. If you were to drop it, it would still break. But for protection from scratches its perfect. Make sure you get the one that specifically states that it is compatible with the dock. They are easily removeable as well.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

any one that has a skin on the front and back of their 700, does it still slide into the keyboard dock easily?

for those who have/had a prime, did the skin ever bother when docking the tablet to the keyboard?

btw, there are a ton of skins for the 700 here:

maybe around 700 different ones to choose from

Newegg.com - asus transformer case, tf700t
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

Hell... I'm still waiting on a nice foldable case like the 200 different types they make for the ipad

I'm looking for a case that isn't too bulky and will protect the tablet as well as the dock. The two below seem to be my best bets, but I'm not sold on them yet. Need to see some reviews first. I couldn't find any info about when these will be released.

Looks nice, but like it says it's a "sleeve" so it carries your Transformer but doesn't secure it in the case when you are using the tablet. Specs say it's compatible with all of the Transformer Pads with or without a dock.
    ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS VersaSleeve

I'm not a fan of cases that wrap around the edges of the screen, even if it's part of the screen I don't interact with, but this one is slim enough for me to consider it, and it protects the dock. Only good color, IMO, is the black one. Can't tell how much protection it would offer, it looks pretty flimsy from the pictures.
    ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TranSleeve Dual

Quote Originally Posted by Rickgsx View Post
    Hell... I'm still waiting on a nice foldable case like the 200 different types they make for the ipad
    +1

עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by BeverageNinja View Post
    I'm looking for a case that isn't too bulky and will protect the tablet as well as the dock. The two below seem to be my best bets, but I'm not sold on them yet. Need to see some reviews first. I couldn't find any info about when these will be released.

Looks nice, but like it says it's a "sleeve" so it carries your Transformer but doesn't secure it in the case when you are using the tablet. Specs say it's compatible with all of the Transformer Pads with or without a dock.
    ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS VersaSleeve

I'm not a fan of cases that wrap around the edges of the screen, even if it's part of the screen I don't interact with, but this one is slim enough for me to consider it, and it protects the dock. Only good color, IMO, is the black one. Can't tell how much protection it would offer, it looks pretty flimsy from the pictures.
    ASUS - Peripherals & Accessories- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TranSleeve Dual
    Wow Thanks for sharing these. These can truly work for me and wife too. Now, only question, where are they sold? Will check on amazon.

עם ישראל חי
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast