Words With Friends - Cannot Install

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my TF700 yesterday, having fun setting it up.

I cannont get WWF to run - I download it, then open it to the screen where you put in your email address and password, hit "continue" and it crashes every time.

I have uninstalled it numerous times, tried clearing the cache, rebooted the TF, same problem every time.

Worked great on my TF201, also on my Galaxy IIIs phone.

Is this a known issue?

TF700
Android Version 4.0.3

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my TF700 yesterday, having fun setting it up.

I cannont get WWF to run - I download it, then open it to the screen where you put in your email address and password, hit "continue" and it crashes every time.

I have uninstalled it numerous times, tried clearing the cache, rebooted the TF, same problem every time.

Worked great on my TF201, also on my Galaxy IIIs phone.

Is this a known issue?

TF700
Android Version 4.0.3

This is not, that's interesting. Did you install the newest firmware?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Can't run Draw Something either.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
WWF and SWF both worked fine for me. Don't know if this matters, but I did upgrade my firmware before installing and running both Apps.

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did update the firmware. Also tried hard reset (not sure if this is the term) where you hold the volume down button when powering on.

I have uninstalled and reintalled at least 20 times.

WWF works on my Galaxy III phone, and worked before that on my TF Prime.

UGH!

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did update the firmware. Also tried hard reset (not sure if this is the term) where you hold the volume down button when powering on.

I have uninstalled and reintalled at least 20 times.

WWF works on my Galaxy III phone, and worked before that on my TF Prime.

UGH!

Maybe go in the App and clear the data and cache, force stop it and try running it again?

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange...I was able to install Words with Friends and Draw Something on my Infinity

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

I was able to install them as well, but that's not the problem. Plenty of people can install the apps. The problem is they don't work on the Infinity. Draw Something starts to open on my tablet, shows the red Zanga screen, and then I get kicked back to the Home screen. Sometimes I'm taken to a black screen. These apps work fine on my Galaxy S 2. Are these apps working on your Infinity?

I think this is just a compatibility issue because the tablet is so new. There are a number of apps that work on my cell phone but not on my tablet, like Flipboard for instance. I'm hoping developers update their apps soon.

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you - that is the problem.

I am hopeful that an update from WWF will allow me to play, but the problem is clearly (in my opinion) one of ASUS.

rocker

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
from another board, i got the suggestion to uninstall WWF, then go to Amazon App store (you have to install this). Once that is done, install WWF. It is an older version, but it works, except it comes up in Portrat Mode......

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
from another board, i got the suggestion to uninstall WWF, then go to Amazon App store (you have to install this). Once that is done, install WWF. It is an older version, but it works, except it comes up in Portrat Mode......

Didn't work for me. In fact, crashed harder. :-(

...sent from Infinity

sherskk

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Well let's keep hitting report and hopefully there will be a fix soon. I have had my infinity for two weeks and I am giving it a few more weeks before I ship it back. I am also trying to get my Outlook 2007 to sync without exchange server service, but I am willing to switch programs as long as I can sync my calendar...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae