Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo-droid View Post
    Turn on "force gpu rendering" in developer settings, that fixes the Netflix issues.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the tip. However, i turned this on and it's still choppy and outright freezes often. I'm sure it's due to the ton of cover art downloading but still this thing shouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the lag of this thing as the days go by.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Infinity issues

Received my keyboard dock today. Delivery of my Infinity 64gb is scheduled for Monday.

Personally I'm not too worried about the reported issues. ASUS seems to resolve known issues quickly. As someone posted earlier in this thread we're early adopters and, as such, should not be surprised to see issues early on. For those expeiencing issues and thinking about sending the Infinity back I would suggest giving ASUS the opportunity to resolve these issues. I expect that most users will be satisfied with this tablet once the issues are ironed out.

I'm currently using a Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi and I find Samsung's lack of interest or effort in updates for the Galaxy Tab line (no experiences with their other device, just Galaxy tablets).

I have no real need to swap tablets as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has worked wonderfully. Rather, I wanted to use the Galaxy Tab to run developer ROMs and not have to about bricking my everyday tablet.

I will update this post once I have had an opportunity to chargethe Infinity and become familiar with the U acquainted
    cvflowe likes this.

The none responsive screen issue was also on the prime right?
    Prime has been resolved if I remember correctly, anyone with a prime or better memory feel free to dial in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Mine is going back. Not good enough for a top of the line priced tablet. If there's an update that fixes these issues, I'll re-buy and try it then.

Very disappointed.

ROM
    BAMF

Quote Originally Posted by bullsfan33 View Post
    Mine is going back. Not good enough for a top of the line priced tablet. If there's an update that fixes these issues, I'll re-buy and try it then.

Very disappointed.

What did you find so disappointing? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by njgsx96 View Post
    What did you find so disappointing? Just curious.
    The lag and screen responsiveness/freezeups when performing very basic browsing of the internet, which is 90% of what i use the tablet for. I also did not like the empty wasteland that is the market for android apps that perform in an optimized fashion for this device.

It's a beautiful product but I found myself constantly grabbing for my ipad 2 when I wanted to do something quick, and that's a sign for me to return it.

I actually am willing to entertain the concept that I got a defective unit, so I am exchanging it for another one in hopes that the lag/screen issues aren't as bad, but I'm not hopeful. I really want to like this thing, though.

ROM
    BAMF

Quote Originally Posted by bullsfan33 View Post
    The lag and screen responsiveness/freezeups when performing very basic browsing of the internet, which is 90% of what i use the tablet for. I also did not like the empty wasteland that is the market for android apps that perform in an optimized fashion for this device.

It's a beautiful product but I found myself constantly grabbing for my ipad 2 when I wanted to do something quick, and that's a sign for me to return it.

I actually am willing to entertain the concept that I got a defective unit, so I am exchanging it for another one in hopes that the lag/screen issues aren't as bad, but I'm not hopeful. I really want to like this thing, though.

That sucks you are having a hard time with it but it is cool you are willing to try a different one in hopes yours was defective. I am not sure I could do that, especially if something I found to be the equivalent of ol' reliable (your iPad 2) was next to me. Still, I wish you luck with the new unit and I hope it does work out. You are right, it is a beautiful tablet. personally I have had no real issues at all so I hoe you get the same experience with the new one.

I am on the fence with this device and will probably end up returning it before the 30 day window is up. Same issues with response problems and it is getting worse with use, have followed cold reboot and other suggestions to resolve, not my first android device but probably the last tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    The none responsive screen issue was also on the prime right?
    Prime has been resolved if I remember correctly, anyone with a prime or better memory feel free to dial in.

Anyone have any information on the above?

I feel fortunate after reading all these posts. I've had mine for 5 days and have around 20 hours use not including my wife using it. I have not had a single problem out of it. Not so much as even a single button press miss. Everything is set to factory settings. Network connected immediately and is just as fast as the iPad 3 I had in every way (My home network is 30-40Mbps down, 15 up). I'm used to apple products and just got rid of my 3rd iphone. I'm personally done with apple and can't be happier with this tablet. Only reason I bought the dock was for USB. The buttons look a little small, but I'm used to the island type keys from my XPS laptop. If only it had backlit buttons like the XPS and mac laptops, but then again if only it had (insert everything possible here).

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jkraftchick View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just received mine yesterday and have been less than impressed so far. I did a factory reset as soon as I took it out of the box, but it's still quite choppy and gets much worse depending on the app. The worst one for me is the Netflix app. It's almost unusable...at least for me.

I went to settings and put it in performance mode, but haven't noticed much difference. Any ideas? Should I wait for Jellybean or return it now if I'm not quite happy with it?

Not sure if anyone else has answered this question yet for you, but, go into settings (from the home screen) then Developer options and then enable "Force GPU rendering" This isn't so much a problem with the Infinity but is a problem with the Netflix app in general on anything that brings up their Tablet ui. The app will still be laggy, to an extent, while it loads all the images and such but it will feel vastly more usable. Hope that helps.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I think this is an end user issue more so than a tablet issue... I have tried this on two different browsers... The stock browser and Dolphin HD, both with the same results.

When Im on a website and try to do a search using the drop down box.. (search this forum) for example... The box drops down and I am able to select the search box... And... The keyboard on the tablet does pop up for a brief second, then goes away... Not allowing me to type my search criteria.

Any thoughts... Is this a configuration issue on my part...?

My first post here, I'm in the process of RMA'ing my Infinity because of the nonresponsive screen. It is completely useless. If Asus fixes it before I drop it off at UPS on Friday, I may keep it.

Anyone experiencing battery issues? I read on some other forums that battery life was for A LOT of people was all the way down to 5-6 hours with moderate use. Some have said it can be attributed to wifi. I've got my infinity arriving tomorrow, and want to know how widespread this problem is.

ROM
    BAMF

Rickgsx, same thing here. Tried stock, Chrome and Opera. Wierd. No idea why though.

pucrepeap, if I am on the tablet constantly playing games, I get about 5-6 hours before I am down at 10%. But that is 5-6 solid gaming hours. If I am surfing the web and doing light use, I get closer to 9 hours. I can just squeeze in 2 movies before I need a charge so about 5 hours of HD movies projecting onto a big screen. If I just let it sit idle I get days. So it depends on usage. I think for what this tablet has to offer, that is phenomenal.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Make sure you update to .26 before you pass judgement. It's a big improvement. It can be done manually now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Picked up mine yesterday at Best Buy but had to return it today because there was a line of dead pixels. Other than the new Toshiba Excite which I had for a week (laggy, glitchy) this was my first tablet and I loved it other than the pixel issue. Is this pixel issue common? Best Buy doesn't carry it in the store and I haven't reorded yet because it'll probably be another week. It's tempting to try Amazon and get it sooner but then if the same problem pops up I couldn't return it in person.

Still no problems with mine at all, going on 3 weeks now and I love it.

Battery life is affected by many things, but it's mostly common sense. I've turned my screen brightness down manually, turned off Wifi when it's in sleep mode, turn off GPS until I need it, etc. Getting plenty of battery life out of mine that way, maybe not a full 9 hours, but probably more like 8. No keyboard dock, might not buy it afterall.

I just found that I have slightly screen Separation and lighty bleeding got this from Bestbuy 5 days ago, everything else working fine, should I return this. I just don't wanna have problem in the future, any input.?, I can live with light bleeding but not the screen separation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got mine yesterday from Amazon and is going back. Mines is really laggy and just notice bleeding. I really like the tablet and hopefully Asus can fix the issues with Jelly Bean. The Nexus 7 has the same Nvidia chip and runs great.
    Infinity Pad & Galaxy Nexus=

VERY sad to report that I am doing an exchange through Amazon. The lower left area developed a clicking sound - I assume slight separation between screen and metal base? It is faint but enough for me to exchange before the return period is up. I got my tablet the day it came out.

Overall, the Infinity has been great especially after the .26 update. I'm just hoping I don't experience any of the problems outlined here on my replacement because I want to keep this tablet!!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaKev View Post
    Nope. The screen only flickers when set to power saving with ips and auto off. The power button hasn't given me more problems but I have had some random resets
    did this ever go away for you?
    I noticed that the brightness automatically changes depending on how dark or how light something is, even if auto brightness if off

for example, try and alternate between a dark and light wallpaper and the screens' brightness would automatically change

Am i the only user with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by youchew View Post
    did this ever go away for you?
    I noticed that the brightness automatically changes depending on how dark or how light something is, even if auto brightness if off

for example, try and alternate between a dark and light wallpaper and the screens' brightness would automatically change

Am i the only user with this issue?
    I noticed this too but found if i turned off the brightness trigger in the power control widget it has made the screen flickering stop. I think this was countering the auto brightness button in the notification menu.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infinity issues-uploadfromtaptalk1344879511861.jpg  

So..had this tablet for a few days now and quite often, when awaking from sleep, i get a white screen with lines going across and i am unable to reawaken the tablet, please see the attached photo. Ive tried several "cold boots" and factory resets and the problem persists. Is this a common issue being reported? Should i get a replacement? I am up to date with .26 fyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infinity issues-2012-08-13_22-41-57_878.jpg  

I haven't heard anyone else express this issue. Might be a defective device. I would call Asus support

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast