Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Haven't seen that problem with others. Does it react same way when power or dock plugged in?
    Could be a screen issue. I would replace if could.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי

Default Re: Infinity issues

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    Haven't seen that problem with others. Does it react same way when power or dock plugged in?
    Could be a screen issue. I would replace if could.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Yes it happens when plugged in, i dont have the dock. If i hit the power button 10 times to sleep and wake with a few seconds in between,maybe 4 of the times i get that white screen. I guess ill just get a replacement.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Does anyone else's tablet kind of indent when you press on the bezel between the volume buttons and the camera when holding it in a portrait orientation or on the back left when holding it with one hand in a landscape orientation?

It's super annoying, especially the portrait one because I can almost feel a click where the screen/back aren't together when I push on it. I don't really want to deal with the hassle of returning it through ASUS and not having it for a couple weeks, but if it's not a common issue, then I probably will.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I guess after reading through xda the weak spots are pretty prevalent and with all the other issues everyone is reporting... maybe it isn't worth returning if that's the only thing that's wrong with mine. Sad that I have to say that about a $500 product.

Quote Originally Posted by uofmike View Post
    I guess after reading through xda the weak spots are pretty prevalent and with all the other issues everyone is reporting... maybe it isn't worth returning if that's the only thing that's wrong with mine. Sad that I have to say that about a $500 product.
    Remember that you are in a forum where people seek help and complain about problems (albeit legitimate ones). To quote that often used phrase, "the views expressed herein don't necessarily reflect the views/experiences of the masses."

Have you considered exchanging it through the retailer you bought it from? If it's Amazon, they will make an exchange.

The clock doesn't update regularly. I have to physically refresh in order for it to catch up. It's kind of annoying to have to check my computer or phone if I want to confirm the time.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I purchased mine on 8-17 at BB and started having regrets a couple of days later. It would be very non responsive when pressing icons on the screen. The entire tablet was lagging no matter what I did. I even did a hard reset and started over and was still having the same issues. I also noticed some slight screen separation in the top right corner of the tablet by the volume rocker. It was only slight but with the combination of the other issues and the price tag on this thing, I opted to exchange it for another Transformer Infinity before my 30 day return window was up. I also started looking at the Galaxy Note 10.1 , but after reading the specs and the unfavorable reviews I decided to stick with the Infinity. Now I am very glad that I did. The new one that I have works perfectly and has zero issues. It is snappy and very responsive and the build quality is excellent. I'm perfectly happy with this tablet now and feel that everything is working as it should. No regrets now on sticking with it.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jel415 View Post
    My only complaint right now is that something the touch screen becomes unresponsive. Like the device is hanging. It's set to performance mode and the screen is super ips+. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I have this issue with my TF700 64gb. Seems to only last a second or 3 then im able to press which ever button im trying to use.

Same issue here. Possible that it's due to my having most of the gb full od music? Didn't seem to happen when I first bought it.

Fraternally,

Gary

I must say, I'm very displeased with my Asus Infinity tablet. I bought a Ipad 3 weeks prior to purchasing this Tablet and I suppose my standards were high but boy has this tablet let me down.

First off, the tablets UI is very slow and buggy. Doesn't feel smooth at all. The tablet has crashed several times and when is not crashing is freezing so I find myself rebooting it. If you go to any website that has videos ( worldstarhiphop, liveleak,etc) and try to watch the videos posted,it is a hit and miss. The tablet sometimes will play the videos smoothly but most of the time crashes. When the pages are loading the tablet lags, and you have to wait until the whole page loads before you can go into it for whatever it is that you need to do. This is unacceptable for me because the main use of my tablet is for Internet surfing.

This is not what I was expecting when I bought this tablet. This tablet is suppose to be Androids answer to the IPad 3 but is no where near as smooth. I'm going to hold on to the tablet hoping that Jelly Bean will fix most of the problems I'm experiencing.

It's sad because I'm the only one who uses the tablet in my house, my girlfriend and son won't even touch it. They go straight for the Ipad and it saddens me because we all have Android phones and prefer Android over IOS.

Come on Asus, lets get this thing to work right.

PS. I'm typing this reply from my IPad because the ASus is simply too slow.

You may have a defective device because I haven't heard of people having half of your problems and definitely not on the same device.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

I had several issues with the Infinity I got from Amazon on the day after it was released. Three weeks later, I had it replaced by Amazon and since then, it's been great.

Regarding the video, are you talking about embedded Flash video? I agree that it only works about 75% of the time but I think that's just Adobe Flash. On an iPad, it works 0% of the time.

Then there's the obvious question... do you have the latest firmware? You probably do but I just had to mention it... just in case. Is it .26? I think.

Some people have reported that doing a factory reset solved their problems too.

...sent from Infinity

I have the latest firmware and the unit is not defective. It's just the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by vicnice02 View Post
    I have the latest firmware and the unit is not defective. It's just the way it works.
    With due respect, we're saying it's not the way it *should* work. Mine doesn't work that way. At least "ItsMeMandi" has said theirs doesn't work this way. There are many, many posts of people who use their Infinity normally and are here just to ask HOW-TO questions.

If you are sure it's not defective, waiting for the JB update may solve your problems. I guess you have to wait and see.

If you're still in the 30 day return window of wherever you got it, I would exchange it. That's just me.

I just receive mine about a week ago and still with the latest update the tablet keep freezing and crashing. I thought it was a memory problem because i have open to many application but I think the Tf700T is capable of handled that and more, Do you suggest to return my tablet for replacement ?

I waited to long to buy a tablet and right now I'm very disappointed with my experience

Definitely return it.

Mine has been an UNbelievable slouch, sinc I received it on 7/16/2012.
    Everytime I asked for help, I was just advised to do a factory reset. (atlest thats what I think they were telling me the solution was - between the VOIP noise and "Fred's" instructions in severely fractured engrish"

Stop/Wait/restart/hang/ atrocious battery life, etc; . My retailer was just as much help. A F T E R F I N A L L Y, issuing an RMA, they left me a message NOT to send it back to them. N O W, they wanted to have me send ot to Texas for them. Figure that one out......

I asked them who was going to reimburse me for all my time and expense.......their answer? Duh!

I had purchased the keyboard from them also....I receive a TF201 keyboard with a TF700 sticker on it,,,,fraud?fakery?theft? Asus actually told me that the 201 keyboard would work, but would "DEgrade the response, due to mis-matched firmware!
    Well, when this is all over, I intend to spend some more money, Asus and my retailer use the same "registered agent" in NJ for another $50.00 they will be srved with summonses to appear in District Court.......let's see, sue em for $1,500....costs me $50,,, they have to appear with a lawyer...$2500.00 each? maybe they shoulda just swapped it out.....OH, also paid with Visa thru PayPal.....Visa likes their customers more than mfgrs!

I just got my Infinity on 11/15 and I love it except for some problems I am having. First the pop-up notifications box keeps opening every 10 or 20 seconds unless I lock the notification bar. Second when using the on screen keyboard random characters will pop up even when I'm not near the tablet and third when the tablet is not running an app a random app such as gmail or chrome or a game app will pop up. I have upgraded to the latest Android version and have performed a factory reset twice with no effect. Does anybody have any thoughts on this. I really like my Infinity and would like to kepp it. If I can't resolve these issues soon I will try to exchange it and hope for a better Infinity without the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by wbetterley View Post
    I just got my Infinity on 11/15 and I love it except for some problems I am having. First the pop-up notifications box keeps opening every 10 or 20 seconds unless I lock the notification bar. Second when using the on screen keyboard random characters will pop up even when I'm not near the tablet and third when the tablet is not running an app a random app such as gmail or chrome or a game app will pop up. I have upgraded to the latest Android version and have performed a factory reset twice with no effect. Does anybody have any thoughts on this. I really like my Infinity and would like to kepp it. If I can't resolve these issues soon I will try to exchange it and hope for a better Infinity without the bugs.
    Sounds crazy. Mine works fine. Exchange it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by wbetterley View Post
    Does sound crazy. You shouldn't be experiencing any of that. Could be an issue with the screen in that it is thinking it is being pressed while it's really not. If it were me I'd get it replaced asap.

עם ישראל חי
    Thanked by:

Agree with everyone else, very odd. Anything obstructing or interfering with the screen, like a cover, case, skin or shield? I originally had a case on mine that was affecting performance, initially creating a lot of heat, and occasionally depressing the volume buttons. It wasn't made specifically for the TF700. Once I took it off, the strange things like that stopped. Probably should exchange it if you're still having problems. I love mine, had it since first week available.
    Thanked by:

Exclamation Re: Infinity issues

Somehow my infinity pad couldn't connected to wifi, suppose it has to be reflected while I on the 'wifi' button connect to wifi. Anyone had encountered such issue? Can share with me any way to solve it? Thanks!

From what I experienced, it seems most of the wifi related issues (but not all) can be fixed by using a Static IP address to connect to your home or office wireless systems. This can be accomplished in your Settings menu, going to the Wifi area, and stipulating a Static IP address connection.

1. Be sure to use the correct network SSID, it's case sensitive
    2. Select the right security type (WEP, WPA, etc.)
    3. Enter password exactly as indicated on the router side (case sensitive)
    4. Click on show advanced options if you don't see the options below in steps 5+
    5. Proxy settings, nothing to enter here unless you're using a proxy, most don't
    6. IP Setting should be Static
    7. IP address needs to be within the range of your router settings, the IP's it will use
    8. Gateway is your router's IP address, probably 192.168.1.1 or 100
    9. Network Prefix length should be 24
    10. DNS 1 (use your router's IP address such as 192.168.1.1)
    11. DNS 2 you can use a Google DNS such as 8.8.4.4 or 4.4.4.4

The only other thing I can think of is to ensure you're router isn't setup to look for specific device MAC addresses. Sometimes people setup their routers to only connect to known devices found by MAC address. If you did this, you'll need to go into your router menu and include your Infinity MAC address in the list of approved devices allowed to connect to your router.

Whether it was my Infinity, my SGIII or my original Droid, all issues connecting to E1200 routers in my home/office were resolved this way. Not sure if this will work for you, but it's something easy to try.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't had ANY of the problems described here. As soon as I bought the tablet, the upgrade to Jellybean was available (Settings>About tablet>System update). A couple of weeks later there was an update to a later build. Both installed quickly without any problems. I bought the keyboard/dock a couple of weeks ago and it works fine. I have the 32GB WiFi version Infinity tablet (TF700T) and the TF700 keyboard.

This tablet is getting worse than the transformer prime I traded it with, the browser hangs I use boat,google chrome,dolfhin,firefox and stock browser and sometimes it reboots after when streaming vids, takes a while to load,unresponsive when clicking on links, my phone browser is faster than this and I have the SAMSUNG INFUSE aka confuse. If this doesn`t get fix on the next update, I`m changing to windows tablet or go back to ipad or just buy a ultrabook/convertible. Android beginning to suck bigtime.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast