1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BAMF

Default New Firmware is available!

I didn't really have too many issues with mine and have been extremely happy with it but I know I have read a lot of issues with touch sensitivity, IO, etc. Well .26 firmware was made available last night and during the update the camera and touchscreen firmware gets updated and reports from the various sites are that IO is better, lag is reduced, touch sensititvity is nicer and the tablet is overall snappier. So if you have a 700, check your updates and see if the latest helps.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Not seeing any update yet. Sounds nice though!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Downloading now. Any idea where to get change log?

...sent from Infinity

Default Re: New Firmware is available!

I checked the system update in settings and didn't get no update. Ive experienced some issues so I'm hoping this update will fix them or else I'll be forced to return my device. Which i don't want to do..

The only specific things it said it was updating was the camera and touch panel. Could be more.

...sent from Infinity

And you got the update from the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by CostaKev View Post
    And you got the update from the settings?
    Yes. Under the ABOUT menu. I clicked check for update.

...sent from Infinity

Whats the build number from the latest update?

Hmm strange.. my device hasn't picked up the update yet then.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    BAMF

TF700 came with .21, got an update to .22 instantly and this one is .26.... 9.4.5.26 2010720 to be exact.

A lot of people have been posting in the various forums of snappier response, less lag, better IO and touch screen sensitivity improvements. No changelog yet but it updates the camera and touchscreen, general performance enhancements, updates the micro SD to allow most that are 64GB and higher now and addresses some of the IO issues people have been talking about.

ROM
    AOKP JB

The tablet is much more stable with this update. The I/O issues aren't quite fixed, but not awful. An Asus representative said the main fix was compatibility with different SD card types and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by njgsx96 View Post
    TF700 came with .21, got an update to .22 instantly and this one is .26.... 9.4.5.26 2010720 to be exact.

A lot of people have been posting in the various forums of snappier response, less lag, better IO and touch screen sensitivity improvements. No changelog yet but it updates the camera and touchscreen, general performance enhancements, updates the micro SD to allow most that are 64GB and higher now and addresses some of the IO issues people have been talking about.
    Thank you, I wanted to know if was the latest update. This was the first update my tab received.

Mine is still showing 9.4.5.21-20120601 and says it is up to date. Anyone know why this would be? In AL USA.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlow5oh View Post
    Mine is still showing 9.4.5.21-20120601 and says it is up to date. Anyone know why this would be? In AL USA.
    I think it's rolling out in batches. I'm in the same boat as you with .21 firmware in the US. I've been checking frequently the last 3 or 4 days.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anybody find a changelog or have a link to it? A screenshot would be awesome.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default manual download of update .22

I manually downloaded the .22 update, but I have never done a manual update. Are there instructions somewhere?

Looks like Asus posted the new .26 firmware on their site. For those of you that can't get it over the air, try downloading it from Asus directly.

Quote Originally Posted by BeverageNinja View Post
    Looks like Asus posted the new .26 firmware on their site. For those of you that can't get it over the air, try downloading it from Asus directly.

How would you go about doing this? Cause I still havent gotten the update and I do not have a SD card available at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CostaKev View Post
    How would you go about doing this? Cause I still havent gotten the update and I do not have a SD card available at the moment.
    My update came over the air and I haven't performed a manual update on my tablet before. The link below has some instructions, which do say that you do need an SD Card. I have to wonder if it matters what type of SD card? Could you use a Micro SD or does it have to be a full sized SD Card? I haven't read the entirety of the forum below, but I would recommend you give it a look and see what people are saying. Best of luck to you!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Pretty easy to manually update via SD card. I updated to .26 last night. Just make sure your card is formatted as FAT32. My exFAT card failed. I've had fewer hangs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Just got the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 yesterday and I was not getting any updates. So I just manually did them. started with 9.4.5.22 then updated to 9.4.5.26. They work get, now I'm all up to date and can start playing with this thing. So far I like it, I bought it as a replacement for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 which still does not have ICS. But is a great tab. I wanted a new quad core and something that gets timely updates. Now I can enjoy my arsenal of Android toys. Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700, and the Nexus 7!!!!