New Firmware is available!

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't really have too many issues with mine and have been extremely happy with it but I know I have read a lot of issues with touch sensitivity, IO, etc. Well .26 firmware was made available last night and during the update the camera and touchscreen firmware gets updated and reports from the various sites are that IO is better, lag is reduced, touch sensititvity is nicer and the tablet is overall snappier. So if you have a 700, check your updates and see if the latest helps.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not seeing any update yet. Sounds nice though!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

CostaKev

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I checked the system update in settings and didn't get no update. Ive experienced some issues so I'm hoping this update will fix them or else I'll be forced to return my device. Which i don't want to do..

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The only specific things it said it was updating was the camera and touch panel. Could be more.

...sent from Infinity

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
TF700 came with .21, got an update to .22 instantly and this one is .26.... 9.4.5.26 2010720 to be exact. :)

A lot of people have been posting in the various forums of snappier response, less lag, better IO and touch screen sensitivity improvements. No changelog yet but it updates the camera and touchscreen, general performance enhancements, updates the micro SD to allow most that are 64GB and higher now and addresses some of the IO issues people have been talking about.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The tablet is much more stable with this update. The I/O issues aren't quite fixed, but not awful. An Asus representative said the main fix was compatibility with different SD card types and sizes.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
TF700 came with .21, got an update to .22 instantly and this one is .26.... 9.4.5.26 2010720 to be exact. :)

A lot of people have been posting in the various forums of snappier response, less lag, better IO and touch screen sensitivity improvements. No changelog yet but it updates the camera and touchscreen, general performance enhancements, updates the micro SD to allow most that are 64GB and higher now and addresses some of the IO issues people have been talking about.

Thank you, I wanted to know if was the latest update. This was the first update my tab received.

petschska

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still showing 9.4.5.21-20120601 and says it is up to date. Anyone know why this would be? In AL USA.

I think it's rolling out in batches. I'm in the same boat as you with .21 firmware in the US. I've been checking frequently the last 3 or 4 days.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
manual download of update .22

I manually downloaded the .22 update, but I have never done a manual update. Are there instructions somewhere?

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
How would you go about doing this? Cause I still havent gotten the update and I do not have a SD card available at the moment.

My update came over the air and I haven't performed a manual update on my tablet before. The link below has some instructions, which do say that you do need an SD Card. I have to wonder if it matters what type of SD card? Could you use a Micro SD or does it have to be a full sized SD Card? I haven't read the entirety of the forum below, but I would recommend you give it a look and see what people are saying. Best of luck to you!

*** Firmware update thread*** 9.4.5.26 27/07 - xda-developers

petschska

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Pretty easy to manually update via SD card. I updated to .26 last night. Just make sure your card is formatted as FAT32. My exFAT card failed. I've had fewer hangs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo