Tablet Discharging not Docking Station

bhuggs

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the tablet and docking station connected and both are saying 100% charged. However, when i disconnect the charger and starting using, the tablet power level starts going down, and the docking station stays at 100%. I thought that the docking station was supposed to be used 1st, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Only had it for a few days and just noticed it yesterday. Thanks for the help.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think when the tablet goes down from 100% to 75%, that's when the dock starts to kick in, only at that point.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bhuggs

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: Took the dock (TF201) back to Best Buy for advice.. They reported they had never seen that,,, but were blaming it on I was using the 201 dock with the 700 tablet and they were not compatable. They agreed to do an exchange and I got a different Dock.... This seems to have fixed the issue. The Dock now discharges and charges the tablet when connected... Will confirm run times of both in the future.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Was not aware you had previous dock, though software version should be same. I'm on dock for 700.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy employee didn't know what he or she was talking about, sorry to say. One of the key features everyone who bought the original Prime (201) were cheering about when the Infinity (700) was announced was that the dock would still be compatible. It is, in fact, compatible. There was nothing wrong with your dock - it only begins charging the tablet back up once the tablet discharges a certain amount. It's a backup battery. Your tablet should be decreasing first. You can test this by charging them both up, taking note of what percentage they're at, and then turn on wifi, syncing, and brightness up. Anything to lower the battery. Leave and come back several hours later, perhaps a full day. Eventually you will see the keyboard dock's percentage really low, but the tablet's percentage is *somehow magically* actually higher or about where you left it before. This is because the keyboard dock began charging the tablet.

In the end, I hope it was just an exchange like you said, and no money transferred hands (besides the waste of gas and time), because it doesn't sound like there was anything wrong with your original dock.

bhuggs

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
No, original dock was definately bad... Tablet would go all the way down to zero and shut off while connected to the dock, while the dock was 90 + charged... Have seen no issues with the 2nd dock.. Functioning as expected and how stated.. Dock battery decreases, while the tablet battery increases.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
do you know if your previous dock had the new 700 firmware (not the tablet's firmware, but the keyboard dock)

Many with previous dock got a firmware update for their docks, those, such as myself who bought the "700 dock", already have the firmware on the dock, straight out of the box.

bhuggs

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
green laser, how can i confirm which version of software the dock has? I just connected to the tablet and was off and running. I saw nothing about any updates happening either time. I also can not tell any functional difference between the 2 docks. However, after charging both,, the 1st one never discharged,,, and the 2nd one does. It goes down, and the tablet level goes up while connected. The 1st one stayed at 90+ and just let the tablet go all the way to zero while connected.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
green laser, how can i confirm which version of software the dock has? I just connected to the tablet and was off and running. I saw nothing about any updates happening either time. I also can not tell any functional difference between the 2 docks. However, after charging both,, the 1st one never discharged,,, and the 2nd one does. It goes down, and the tablet level goes up while connected. The 1st one stayed at 90+ and just let the tablet go all the way to zero while connected.

you are correct as now there is no real way of telling (with the old dock), though to find out for your new dock, when both tab and dock are paired, go to settings > about > and you'll be able to see the version running for your new dock.. should be something like "tf201 for tf700" (I'm away from my tab, what I could remember). Now, if you still had your older dock, that would be the way to check, and most likely, the older dock didnt have the 700's firmware/newer version.

but no big deal now as all is good with the new dock :-D

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

This was a firmware bug as my TF201 dock would cause my Prime to shut off while charging when both had full charge. So far, and after firmware update to the T-pIN yesterday, I haven't noticed anything like this.

cspaters

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've had the Infinity TF700t tablet and the docking station (version EC20N 0207) for a couple of years. I had no problem until a couple of weeks ago. The keyboard still works fine on the docking station. I'm still able to charge the tablet by plugging the charger into the attached docking station, BUT the tablet no longer draws power from the docking station. Can't figure out what changed.

Mark Elston

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've had the Infinity TF700t tablet and the docking station (version EC20N 0207) for a couple of years. I had no problem until a couple of weeks ago. The keyboard still works fine on the docking station. I'm still able to charge the tablet by plugging the charger into the attached docking station, BUT the tablet no longer draws power from the docking station. Can't figure out what changed.

I'm also having the same problem. Had the Infinity TF700T for a couple of years with no trouble and now the dock is not charging the tablet. And one of the wall adapters is not charging either one. Fortunately a second wall adapter does work. Funny thing, though, the working wall adapter charges both tablet and dock even when charging through the dock's connection. I would have expected that, since the dock doesn't charge the tablet, the wall adapter wouldn't charge the tablet *through* the dock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown