1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Skinomi (or other skin) *might* improve touch

I put a Skinomi skin on my screen and it seems like the screen is a little more responsive and easier to use. This could all be in my mind but it seems that way to me. I also feel a little better that if I drop it, I have reduced my screen shatter potential just a little. I don't keep my tablet in a case unless I take it out into the real world.

The skin is great except that two small air bubbles never healed. Luckily they are not over the screen. I didn't want to go through the hassle of an exchange.

...sent from Infinity
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Skinomi (or other skin) *might* improve touch

Just a follow up to be fair ... the small bubbles I referred to in my original post completely disappeared. Bottom line is that the Skinomi skin works great, completely transparent.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts

How is the fit of the screen protector? Does it go all the way to the edge? Does it have any rainbow-effects or orange feel?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Fits quite well. Maybe 1-2mm on the bottom. I don't see any effects of any sort.

I want to get a screen protector like this but I'm wondering how difficult it is to apply it without imperfections.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Christian465 View Post
    I want to get a screen protector like this but I'm wondering how difficult it is to apply it without imperfections.
    You have to be very patient. It can be done but you really have to take your time and know that most of what you see right after you install it will go away in the next several days. Prepare everything in advance and watch the installation video.

I taped off all the ports (I use painter's tape) as a precaution. Have a towel handy to soak up the water you press off the skin with the squeegee. I do the whole thing on top of a towel. Never squeegee the top of the skin unless it's wet or you'll scuff the surface. Trying to just rattle off tips...

BUT... to be honest, I ruined my skin when I got my keyboard and plugged it in. It squished the bottom of the skin, it's a tight fit! So, I've just decided to go without a skin. I know there is one designed for use with the keyboard (has a cut out) but I just decided to skip it this time. First time I've had a device without a skin.

If I went back, I would go with Skinomi or Phantom Skinz. Both worked out well for me on my various devices.

I also have a tear in mine from using the keyboard dock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2