switching from the ipad 3 is it worth it?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you're not going to gain a lot. The iPad form factor is actually a little better to hold than the TF700. To read, you might want to seriously consider a Nexus 7, 7-inch tab, which has a high definition display and is easy to hold for a long time. I find it ideal for reading. 10" tabs kind of suck for reading.

el_bori1

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Infinity Pad two days ago and is going back. I'll probably buy it when I see that Asus update it to Jelly Bean. Even the Google+ app lags. I have the Galaxy Nexus and the difference in speed is incredible compare to when I had ICS in it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're not going to gain a lot. The iPad form factor is actually a little better to hold than the TF700. To read, you might want to seriously consider a Nexus 7, 7-inch tab, which has a high definition display and is easy to hold for a long time. I find it ideal for reading. 10" tabs kind of suck for reading.

Actually the tf700t is one of the most comfortable tablets to hold and such a great update from the sharp edged tf201 (prime). I cant see any difference in holding comfortability opposed to the ipad - which i have also used.

To the original poster - Asking which is better is almost an impossible question to ask. You either enjoy the android os OR you are an ios user. Android over ios has its merit but you can also turn that statement around.

The screen resolution is great on both, the battery life on the asus device has been better in my uses, and the transforming nature of the infinity is a big draw. Note, though, that very few apps take advantage of the hd screen so that is frustrating. I went ahead and updated from the prime to future proof my tablet needs for at least the next year. Its kind of what you need the tablet for. If you do mostly online reading, i would second the nexus7 option. It has been a goto device for me since getting it.

Hope this helps a little!
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo