1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi dropping

I got the 700t a few days ago. I have a problem staying connected to wifi. I thought the 700t was supposed to cure the problems with the 700 dropping connections but mine is dropping.
    My old tablet - an ipad 2 - has not trouble staying connected. I have been walking around to different room sin my house with both tablets and it makes no difference where I am.

If I disconnect and then reconnect to wifi the problem is solved for a few minutes.

I installed wifi analyser and am getting -40 strength. In settings it says my connection is excellent and never shows an indication I am dropping off.

I also installed wifi static to create a static ip adddress but that makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Oh, it is unlocked and rooted.

Default Re: Wifi dropping

I'm having challenges with dropping too, but mine is because of low signal strength. I have an iPad 1st gen, and the antenna must be significantly better as I can get full signal and consistently stable wifi anywhere in my house with my iPad, but with the Asus, unless i'm in the same room as my router, I get mid to low signal strength, and when it's low it typically drops.

Hoping a patch or OS updates fixes the issue... quite frustrating to be honest.

Having same issue here with wi-fi dropping. Need a fix for this asap as it is a real pita.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

We can hope. Could there be a fix by a rooted rom or would it require a hardware fix like the dongle for the older 700?

ROM
    Rooted, Stock

brand new infinity user, waited for JB to come out and see if problems would be fixed. Immediately started having wifi drop, its really annoying and frustrating. I had the original transformer and didn't have these wifi issues, has any fix come out for this or will we have to suffer through Prime users agony as well?