only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get a TF700T soon and I'm wondering about the keyboard and is it worth getting? I have read some pretty negative reviews about the keyboard on newegg. Any help would be grateful.

ttampafl

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard is also more than just a keyboard and trackpad, it adds a full sized USB port, SD card slot (add up to 256GB additional storage), and a substantial boost in battery life from the dock. I just bought my TPad Infinity and will be getting the keyboard dock this weekend.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the keyboard dock for my Asus Infinity Tablet and I think it's a great addition. It is a lot easier to type stuff on a physical keyboard than a touch screen... and the dock more than doubles the battery life of the unit. Plus as said above you get full sized ports and sd-card slot. I would definitely recommend getting it.

Something to be aware of is that the Asus Infinity (TF700) dock is the same as the Asus Prime (TF201). The Prime dock will probably be cheaper. The store I bought the dock from gave me the Infinity dock for the same price as the Prime dock since they are the same.

pucrepeap

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's weird, I've only heard great things about the keyboard. But I haven't read newegg reviews yet. Everywhere else people are saying the keyboard is more than worth the buy.

From the places that I've read review, the negative comments have come about when people buy the TF700 dock and finding out it's the same exact thing as the TF201 dock which you can get for $50 cheaper.

Bonus to the dock: It's essentially a backup battery, usb slot, sd slot, a million times better to type on rather the touchscreen, android specific keys, it protects your screen when closed.

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guess ill order the combo. You are right they are complaining about it being miss labeled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get a TF700T soon and I'm wondering about the keyboard and is it worth getting? I have read some pretty negative reviews about the keyboard on newegg. Any help would be grateful.

Honestly, if it weren't for this keyboard I'd never have bought the Infinity at all. I also own the new Note 10.1, which I like more than the Infinity. But the infinity has two features that make it worth having. (1)1920 x 1200 res, which makes reading magazines crisp and delightful, and (2), the keyboard, which makes this a lot like a laptop.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the Best Buy exchange from TF Prime to Infinity, kept the keyboard from the Prime. All you have to do is update the keyboard's firmware & you're set.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae