Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GPilot650
  • 1 Post By DASHAUS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Firmware Update - Not Jelly Bean

My TF700 just had a firmware update pop up. I thought it must be Jelly Bean, but it's not. To be honest, I'm not sure what changed. It spent a while updating the camera in the firmware, so maybe that's it. The build number is now at IML74K.US_epad-9.4.5.30-20120907. I haven't seen any posts anywhere else about this yet. Does anyone have any idea what got updated?

Default Re: New Firmware Update - Not Jelly Bean

Me too. Updating now. Will advise.

G

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Same here cant find anything new.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

If I see nothing else other than performance enhancements, I'd be just fine! The lag, the force closes, the reboots (rare but still happens) are as bad if not worse than my og transformer.

G
    c00l0ne likes this.

I may be crazy but it seems snappier, less laggy. For example when I hit the recent apps button many times it will take a screenshot, hasn't happened once so far since getting the update this morning.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    c00l0ne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DASHAUS View Post
    I may be crazy but it seems snappier, less laggy.
    LOL, my thought exactly. Sure seems to be a little quicker, and smoother, good response on just about everything I've been playing with the last hour or so.

I got mine too,it was not jellybean. So when will i get jellybean

Ya, I got excited for a minute too, lol sucked. Although it stills seems more responsive in some aspects.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Mine hasn't notified me of the update automatically and when I try to search for it manually I get an error that says "Unfortunately, DMClient has stopped." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

New Firmware Update - Not Jelly Bean-screenshot_2012-09-19-18-49-39.png

Quote Originally Posted by KnepCat View Post
    Mine hasn't notified me of the update automatically and when I try to search for it manually I get an error that says "Unfortunately, DMClient has stopped." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-19-18-49-39.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	37973
    Apologize for the laymen suggestion, but have you restarted since you got that error? I recommend to try that first. Otherwise, worst case scenario to do a factory reset and see if that rectifies the issue. Chances are it will, as much of a hassle as it is to have to reload/configure everything again.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    Apologize for the laymen suggestion, but have you restarted since you got that error? I recommend to try that first. Otherwise, worst case scenario to do a factory reset and see if that rectifies the issue. Chances are it will, as much of a hassle as it is to have to reload/configure everything again.
    I have restarted it a couple of times hoping that would help, but no dice. I wanted to avoid a full reset but may have to do it if I can't find another solution.

I fell asleep tapping that "check update" button since almost the day after I bought this TF-700T. When I was shocked to read something other than "There is no update..." I immediately thought the same thing (in fact, I even tweeted about the experience.) Then came the realization this update wasn't a yummy Jelly Bean, but seriously I don't know. A security flaw patched? Nothing seems to work any faster than it did before this patch. I'm perplexed. Can anyone from Asus respond, please?

Has anyone else had random crash/reboot issues since this update? It's happened to me three times now in the past two days where I'll be browsing, I click a link, and then it goes to a full white screen and reboots after 20 seconds or so. I never had this issue with the previous software.

This has happened to me occasionally since I've had the device. The update hasn't changed the frequency of occurrence.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

JB is coming to the Infinity within 72 hours per ASUS

Quote Originally Posted by Gene588 View Post
    JB is coming to the Infinity within 72 hours per ASUS
    And how exactly do you know this?? Solid rumor free link please...

Ok...I've been seeing the buzz all over (XDA, TransformerForums, Android Central etc) that this rumor of Jellybean has been generated from some notes directly from ASUS. 48hrs for TF201 and 72hours for TF700.

[OFFICIAL] TF700 JellyBean Thread - Page 4

I thought the same thing whenever I got the update, but I decided to check for another firmware update after I installed the first update and I found that there was another update available which was jellybean. Best of luck to you guys and maybe the same thing will happen for you.