Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Thread

Just downloaded and installed JB; 10 minutes to download and 20 minutes to install and upgrade all my apps on my Infinity!

Downloading the update now.
    Michael

HTC One
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

I just installed it.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Nothing here yet.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Download in progress! Yay! I'm officially geeking out this morning!

G

Cool updated this morning!!! wow they added screensaver!! interesting.

Downloaded and installing now. I was warned by a Prime user to make sure to do a cold boot after upgrading. Upgrade was smooth and uneventful. New camera option (swipe to the gallery) and airplane mode option on shutdown.
    Last edited by SunburstPB; 10-01-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Thanked by:

Ok have to ask, what is a cold boot?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Nothing here yet either

I think cold boot is just to shut it down completely and turn the device back on.

I have not cold booted yet but tried just a regular shutdown. Tab laggwd for first 5 min after upgrade, and then WHAM!.... Blazing fast EVERYTHING!

I'm not joking, this is awesome, and is niw the tablet I thought I bought 3 months ago...

Yay! Will cold boot now... Just for added fun.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T with JELLYBEAN 4.1.1!....using Tapatalk 2
    tfrank10 likes this.

Oh and by the way, still enjoying a home launcher replacement. After this weekend's sale in the play store, I added Nova Prime. 25cents!
    Rocks with JB!

G

Got the update and it installed, but now the tablet is hung at the ASUS screen with the spinning circle. It's been a couple hours. I don't know if it's re-encrypting or hung up.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jpits45 View Post
    Got the update and it installed, but now the tablet is hung at the ASUS screen with the spinning circle. It's been a couple hours. I don't know if it's re-encrypting or hung up.
    I'm in the same boat it seems to be in a boot loop

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For those that have updated successfully, if you experience any performance issues the first thing to do is a factory reset. It's recommended after any major update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Just updated, using my foxfi hotspot at the tire store, multitasking at it's finest. Now to find out how she runs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i appear to be in the same boat. not rooted locked boot loader. update DL and installed ok but once it finished optimizing all the apps it has put me in a bootloop anyone have any great ideas before i suck it up and factory reset it.

EDIT:factory reset fixed it
    Last edited by yodatom10; 10-01-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fixed problem
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

downloading now!!

woohoo! impressions anyone???
    TI-83 > HP 12c > Blackberry Storm (9530) > HTC Thunderbolt > Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    downloading now!!

woohoo! impressions anyone???

wow! off the top, with all my apps, feels much more snappier!
    :-D
    TI-83 > HP 12c > Blackberry Storm (9530) > HTC Thunderbolt > Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי

Just installed. I love the buttery goodness. So, what's your favorite jb feature?

Favorite part so far?
    Lack of lag. Super fast everything.

G
    c00l0ne likes this.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Still no update here. Is there any way to download it manually and install? I'm impacient.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Got my updates today (my Infinity and my Dad's). Update went fine, everything seems to still work just fine, including Flash using Boat browser (and the older version of Dolphin, which I'll be uninstalling). Definitely seems snappier and more responsive. Scrolling is butter smooth, like my Nexus 7 and GNex. No real change in appearance that I can find, my settings and such like remained totally in tact, and nothing tried to uninstall Flash during the process. Obviously Chrome doesn't support Flash, but my other browsers seemed to work just fine with it.

Kind of hard to say what all is feeling "snappier", likely because pretty much everything does. Also seem to have higher WiFI strength from my same network and same places than before, not tons more, but enough to make a noticeable difference. So now I'm Jelly Bean 4.1.1 across the board, Nexus 7 has it, as does my Samsung/Google Nexus (best unlocked phone on earth for the money, and in most other ways as well). I do find myself using the Nexus 7 more than the other two devices combined. It seems to perform better than even the now "JB'd" Infinity, and better than the GNexus as well. Soooo, if you're only going to get one, I'd still say the N7 delivers seriously more bang for the buck than the Infinity. Mine is a pre-ordered C60 serial#, and I have yet to find a single flaw with it.

As browsers go I'm pretty much sticking to Boat, I do love to get good updates, and I can't let Dolphin update or it wipes out Flash support. I do wish Boat would "borrow" a couple things from Dolphin (like the handwriting commands, very clever), and the ability to set the macine to look like a Desktop or iPad/iPhone to the receiving site. Both very handy, and unique to Dolphin. Between these guys (and the original browser which still remains quite functional if your machine already had it as part of ICS) all work better than Chrome IMHOP. As Google continue to improve Chrome and as the world moves more to HTML5 containers instead of Flash, our world will just keep getting better.

Had my first real production experience of using the Infinity with it's keyboard dock today, and it was actually far better than I figured it would be. You can still use the screen same as normal, but you've got a much better keyboard experience to deal with as well. I'll probably plug a normal rhodent into the USB port on the dock, Pretty much the best of both worlds. I've got the 64GB version, with a 32GB micro SD in it, and a 64GB SD card in the keyboard, so it's actually quite a bit of storage available (actually amounts to around 150GB available), plus I can plug my powered 2 TB drive into the base station and really have a powerful setup. Does most everything I do/did on my MacBook Air, and is no bigger or heavier, so the Air is headed for eBay land. Probably do the same with my iPad (original 32GB) and my IPhone 16f\Gb 3GS as well. I'm keeping my Gen6 Nano though, everybody needs a watch don't we ?

May seem silly to have all 3 of these, but they all do different things and for different circumstances. And all this stuff works incredibly well together

Soooo no future notebook/netbook for me!

Updated to Jellybean last night.
    Everything went fine. Downloading and installing firmware, updating apps, automatic restarts etc.
    But somewhere along the line, something went wrong.
    The OS never started up. the tab stayed on the: "ASUS inspiring innovation, persistent perfection" page, with revolving dots, and never finished starting up. first for 1hours, then I rebooted, same thing, cold reboot, same thing.
    So now my infinity is stuck like this. I can't turn it off, if I press and hold the power, it just reboots, and hangs at the same place.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    I'm starting to think that a factory reset is the only option from here. But how do you do that, when you can't get to the OS settings? Is there a thing to do during cold reboot?

Help is much appreciated.
    J

Thumbs up Re: Jelly Bean Thread

I did it yesterday evening . It took about 10 really long minutes. Speed increased by 3 times faster screen transitions awesome, browsers much quicker load time 2 to 3 times faster. new item added google cards, looks promising. Overall a seamless update cannot speak about battery drain yet, connectivity seems better. google maps updated to latest version. Gotta go make the donuts.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast